Respected Contributor

@Pook wrote:

@Isobel Archer wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@busymom22 wrote:

This is why I get upset when people try to imply that this is only in America and only due to politics while the rest of the world is doing great.  Truth is this virus was an unknown and until there is a vaccine it will continue to spread.

@busymom22, that doesn't preclude politics.

And btw, if people listened to scientists and credible medical experts, we absolutely could at least Thethe spread.

Oh please - I am so tired of "listen to the experts" Fauci told people in March that it was fine for healthy people to take a cruise and this was AFTER the cruise ship fiascos.  Seriously - as an "expert" he didn't realize cruise ships are incubators for disease spread????  

Please note that this may have been misquoted since no soundbite available and was also back at the beginning of March when NO ONE knew much about this virus  and how it is spread!!

Well I just googled it and watched him say it.  AS to no one "knew" - the Diamond Princess had problems in early Feb.  Hello.

Respected Contributor

And then there's the CDC who told people that it was fine for those with active COVID to vote in person.  

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

It isn't only in the US  with people without masks as I saw footage of the walk abouts in Paris  which showed many people without masks. They were outside, but I know sidewalks can get crowded quickly.

I live in a small town like 5000 with surrounding area. There is a person sitting outside the door  of Walmart checking for masks and had a box of them to offer to those who did not. A local grocery store has a sign instructing people to get one at the courtesy counter if needed. I also  have seen store stockers not wearing them properly. 

Wisconsin is not doing well and fighting the Governor's mandate to wear masks since Aug.. Initially he wanted us to be locked down until a vaccine was available!! I heard him say that. Our church has again closed to offer only on line as of last Sunday.. 

People in Asia have worn masks for years. I recall in Europe seeing Japanese tourists wearing them. I really don't mind wearing one but I don't have to work one either and shop once a week. I have a neighbor who quit her Wal-Mart job as said a mask made her too hot!

Honored Contributor

For years we have been told, and for good reason, that we should cover our mouths when sneezing or coughing. That's just for the common cold and flu. My point is, I think masks and distancing is just common sense.

One of the things my daughter is known for in grade school (in our small town) is giving the whole school  the chicken pox!!  Here....just about everyone knows everyone.  Little did we know that my brother's son (from another city) had been exposed and brought it to our Christmas gathering.    The kids she went to school with still bring it up now and then.  They laugh about it now.  I'm sure if it had been covid, it wouldn't have been so funny.

Since we are so close to getting a vaccine,   couldn't people just stay home this year and look forward to next year?  I don't think that is asking too much.  A few months more of sacrificing, at this point, seems a wise thing to me.     

Esteemed Contributor

@Isobel Archer wrote:

And then there's the CDC who told people that it was fine for those with active COVID to vote in person.  

Tell the full story.

They could vote in person as long as they took precautions.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Respected Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

@Isobel Archer wrote:

Tell the full story.

They also did not say it was "fine", nor did they encourage anyone doing so. They said people have the right to vote and offered how to do it as safely as possible if in-person was the only option (which was true for many due to circumstances entirely outside of their control). 

Respected Contributor

Re: Covid 19 in Europe

[ Edited ]

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

@Isobel Archer wrote:

Tell the full story.

Active COVID.  Take precautions?  Seriously?  

Old people left alone in nursing homes with no family allowed to visit - when they personally didn't even have COVID.  People died alone in hospitals (even those without COVID).  People had cancer treatments  - and tests - delayed.  People couldn't have funerals. etc. etc. etc.  

But hey if you have active COVID you can "take precautions" and go vote - in person no less.  

Yes "science" is wonderful.

Respected Contributor

CDC Guidelines for voting with COVID

When voting, you can protect yourself and others if you:

• avoid close contact: try to stay at least 6 feet apart of other people, especially those not wearing a mask
  • wear a mask around others
  • take care when touching surfaces and wash your hands often or, if not possible, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol

Gee what did I miss?  How are these "precautions" different from what everyone else has to do anyway?

So are we now to understand that people with COVID are just like the rest of us and it's OK to interact?  And if so, why are we locking down again?