Honored Contributor

I hope this thread  does not get deleted,every one on this virus,keeps disappearing.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Super Contributor

Ah Yea.  Maybe if people quit lisening to the media
@suzyQ3 wrote:

@busymom22 wrote:

This is why I get upset when people try to imply that this is only in America and only due to politics while the rest of the world is doing great.  Truth is this virus was an unknown and until there is a vaccine it will continue to spread.

@busymom22, that doesn't preclude politics.

And btw, if people listened to scientists and credible medical experts, we absolutely could at least limit the spread.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Covid 19 in Europe

[ Edited ]

Once again,  in NYC it appears that large gatherings with little masking and distancing are leading factors in a rise in microclusters and a rise in the state's overall rate.

Large weddings on Long Island, bars open illegally with patrons elbow to elbow, illegal warehouse nightclubs and so on......

Schools did not appear to be problematic nor are restaurants enforcing strict protocols.  The problems, in my estimation are these large parties and gatherings where few restrictions appear to be in place. 

Respected Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

I hope this thread  does not get deleted,every one on this virus,keeps disappearing.

Of course it will, they all do because they all become very contentious   So why do people keep starting these Covid threads over & over?  To  stir the pot?

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KKJ wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

Of course it will, they all do because they all become very contentious   So why do people keep starting these Covid threads over & over?  To  stir the pot?

@KKJ 

Yes.

They love to thumb their nose at the Mods, and they think that they are so clever by doing so.

Personally, I think that the Mods should keep track of who is starting these pot stirring threads, and if they do it too often, be put in a "time out".

Just my opinion, of course.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I think that the threads work when limited to a general discussion of what  is occurring.   They become problematic when a handful must insert, either overtly or clandestinely (in their view), political messaging.    Thus far, this one seems fine.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think some just want to talk about what this virus  is  doing, spreading.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

@Memebell wrote:

@suzyQ3 Not true.  I have known several ppl who always wear masks and take all the precautions.   Yet they got the virus.    It may make us feel good and make us think we are in control of it, but that's not possible til the vaccines get to us.

Chances are you know people who say they "always wear masks and take all the precautions," but they don't. I have a friend in another state who talks about what he's doing, and he's blithely visiting with people without masks, in indoor settings. He's a post-surgical patient and he still seems to think that if they're friends, somehow that makes it okay. 

I don't believe in the "Immaculate Infection." I think that people carve out exceptions to the rules or just forget about them and get exposed. We're all human. But anyone who thinks he or she is "in control" of this thing is deluded.

The vaccines are many months in coming and won't change things for much longer than that.

Esteemed Contributor

Commentary about where and how it is being contained and controlled is also helpful and welcome.   It serves to offset some of the inflammatory comments.

NYC public schools report a rate of under 0.2% with random testing of teachers,  students and staff.  The samples are not small.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

These threads are always contentious because we have opposite views on how it should be handled. That is to be expected with a survival rate very high in the under age 85 group of people. I have never read any post here that has changed my mind but I do like seeing where other people come from and why they think like they do. People say we are in this together, I have seen too many examples to see that is not true. Mixed messages never help the cause.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.