Honored Contributor

Covid 19 Vaccine

[ Edited ]

I had my Covid 19 vaccine today, I am happy and grateful today.  I work for a hospital and  yesterday at 3pm, I got the email to go into the hospital at 1pm to get it.  I work remotely and I hate driving into the city but I wasn't giving up the opportunity.  Incredibly well organized, start to finish, it took 35 minutes.  Including the 15 minutes I had to wait after the injection.  I get the second injection on 2/18.  I feel hopeful because  I lost my sister to Covid 2 weeks ago.  

Esteemed Contributor

@chrystaltree  I am so sorry about your sister, but I am glad that you received the first round of the vaccine.  Stay healthy.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Respected Contributor

So VERY VERY sorry for your immeasurable loss! 

Trusted Contributor

@chrystaltree  I am so sorry you lost your sister. Peace to you and all who love and miss her.

"Coming to ya from Florida"
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Covid 19 Vaccine

[ Edited ]

@chrystaltree  I'm  so sorry you lost your sister to this terrible virus! But I glad you got your shot.
  I just got an e mail today from my Dr saying  an appointment is available Saturday but to hurry they fill up fast.
  After an hour I couldn't get to my chart so I drove across town to his office. I waited an hour for them to make an appointment at a convention center in a high traffic area 30 miles away. I took it because the next one open is April!

I won't drive on the interstate, I'm 78 and Saturday traffic is bad. 
  Then on the news tonight I hear they're planning boosters for the African mutation because the ones now may not be as effective.  Three shots?  But I'm getting one Saturday. 

Esteemed Contributor

I am so sorry for your loss 😢 .. glad you were able to get the vaccine... stay well.

Trusted Contributor

@chrystaltree  I am sorry for your loss. I'm also very happy you got your vaccine.❤️

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree, I am so sorry about your loss. It's just tragic. Good for you that you received the vaccination.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree -

I am so very sorry for the loss of your sister!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Trusted Contributor

@chrystaltree ...I'm so sorry about your sister. I'm glad you were able to get your vaccine. I was able to get mine through my work-got the second one yesterday-no side effects except maybe some tiredness. Again, my condolences for you and your family.