Respected Contributor

Re: Covid-19 / Prescriptions

@brandiwine wrote:

I already got the "letter" from Kaiser letting me know that the hydroxychloroquine that I take for 2 auto immune disorders will be in short supply.  I love being expendable.  This is an easily produced and cheap drug that's been around forever.  No reason for this.

—————————

I’ve been very concerned about this. I’m so sorry to hear you’re having trouble getting your necessary medication. It shouldn’t be happening 🙁.

Trusted Contributor

Yes, I take Ambien and you cannot get a 90-day supply of it. By law, it's only dispensed in 30-day refills.

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Frequent Contributor

I hope there is no shortage.  I do know someone whose life was saved by the use of this drug for treating COVID-19. 

Honored Contributor

my family has not had any issues with getting prescriptions. we deal with a small local pharmacy that has been in business for many years.....and they deliver!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

First, call other pharmacies, then ask your drug insurance co. if they mail.

If that process leaves you feeling this scarcity is nationwide, ask your doc for another med.

Honored Contributor

@brandiwine wrote:

I already got the "letter" from Kaiser letting me know that the hydroxychloroquine that I take for 2 auto immune disorders will be in short supply.  I love being expendable.  This is an easily produced and cheap drug that's been around forever.  No reason for this.

@brandiwine   My DH has been taking it for years and I'm afraid that he might not be able to get it next month.  He asked his doctor for a 90 day prescription but would only give him one month.  

The pharmacy did say that they will make sure that their regular customers who take it will have it since they are holding it for them. .....but we'll see ...I still worry about that.

Trusted Contributor

@morganjen   I take Ambien also and it depends on your particular state law.  Some states only allow 30 days and other states allow up to 90 days for certain controlled medications.   My state up to 90 days per fill.  Just got mine filled the other day.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is political.

Honored Contributor

By the Grace of God, I take only one absolutely essential prescription, and recently added a second to improve the quality of my sleep in this present period of sadness and tough times.

We just received a notice from our insurance that we should order ahead, which seemed a little counterintuitive to me in light of all of the perpetual assurances that we don't REALLY have shortages, but I will be attempting g to refill my thyroid supplement tomorrow.

I've taken it for years and years, and I have no idea what body part would fall off if I stopped taking it, but at this precarious phase of American life, I DON'T WANT TO KNOW either.

I've also been sleeping better, so I wind up taking about half the dose of the medicine I'd started for that, but loving someone who is in care and diagnosed with Covid doesn't help my sleep too much, yet so far, by count, she's coped with the wretched condition for eight days, by sheer old lady guts alone. We're Blessed. I sleep.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is political.