Valued Contributor

Re: Covid-19 In my county now

@BrandiDavis wrote:

I will be totally honest. I've been scared from the get-go about this virus, BEFORE it even was in the U.S. I knew it was only going to be a matter of time before it was here, but I feel like it wasn't taken seriously, so here we are trying to back-track.

Now, that being said....what I'm MOST worried about is the fact that there is a REAL possibility that ALL of our medications (90% +) will be withheld from us. THAT would be a pandemic of EPIC proportions and cause turmoil like we've never seen. I am praying that it never comes to that, but from what I"ve been reading it is a possibility. I really hope those in power can negotiate something to make sure that doesn't happen. 

Also, not sure if you heard that they are saying they think it was the U.S. military that brought coronavirus over there. So, if they are already blaming us for this virus, it makes the threat of withholding meds even more worrisome. 

Sorry, not trying to worry anyone, but everyone should be aware of this. 

I too am concerned about our prescriptions.  This is very troubling.  I agree too many people have absolutely no clue where most of our medication is made and its china.

Super Contributor

I too was worried about the prescriptions and went ahead and refilled mine even though I didn't need to. My parents haven't been following the news as closely so I explained this to them and they are going to refill as well.

NY leads the nation in cases right now but my county has yet to have a confirmed case (guessing that will change very soon). Mostly everything is restricted, shut down or cancelled but the schools are still open as of now. Monday, the city schools are closed to determine their plan of action. My guess is that if they decide to close down, the suburban districts will as well. That is how it usually goes during snowstorms.

I am not superstitious, but I am a little stitious.
Esteemed Contributor

@BrandiDavis 

It does rattle your nerves.  A confirmed case in Charles County, Maryland, where I live.  Also travel related, and military.

Maryland schools are closed as of Monday.

Nothing we can do, but the things we already have been told.

Take a deep breath.

Valued Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

First death in Colorado just happened yesterday in my county. Female, 80yo and had other health issues. 

@SilleeMee  I'm sorry to hear that :-( hang in there

~ Hope in TN ~
Honored Contributor

@BrandiDavis wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

First death in Colorado just happened yesterday in my county. Female, 80yo and had other health issues. 

@BrandiDavis 

Thank you. 

That woman who died was an 80yo with health problems. Officials have no clue where she contracted the virus. The woman was an active member at a local bridge club where she has been going since last November. Officials suspect she may have exposed the virus to 100 people at that bridge club and some of those people have been contacted, others have not. Health Department is trying to reach out to ask the public for more information and if we have been in contact with the woman. So far not everyone from the bridge club have come forward.

Valued Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@BrandiDavis wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@BrandiDavis 

Thank you. 

That woman who died was an 80yo with health problems. Officials have no clue where she contracted the virus. The woman was an active member at a local bridge club where she has been going since last November. Officials suspect she may have exposed the virus to 100 people at that bridge club and some of those people have been contacted, others have not. Health Department is trying to reach out to ask the public for more information and if we have been in contact with the woman. So far not everyone from the bridge club have come forward.

@SilleeMee  Oh wow. That is still so sad and I'm very sorry to hear it's hitting so close to home. These are definitely difficult times we are in, but as long as we all stay positive and take the necessary precautions hopefully we will prevail!! 

I really hope they are able to get in touch with all the people who she was playing bridge with, bc I can just imagine how easily it would be spread playing cards, yikes!! Everyone touches the cards over and over!!

I hope you stay safe friend!!  Heart

~ Hope in TN ~
Honored Contributor

@BrandiDavis 

Me, too! What makes this woman's case concerning is the fact that they didn't know she had the virus until after she died. 

Respected Contributor

Yes since I play a lot of bridge, I have wondered about exposure as well.

ACBL has canceled the national tournament in Columbus OH and all local sectional and club games are canceled here as well.

Can still play online for master points - so I guess I'll be doing more of that.

Esteemed Contributor

The town next to me is on lock  down. They are calling it th,e "Epicenter"                           of Bergen County ,N.J.

The hospital is overwhelmed............

Valued Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@BrandiDavis 

It does rattle your nerves.  A confirmed case in Charles County, Maryland, where I live.  Also travel related, and military.

Maryland schools are closed as of Monday.

Nothing we can do, but the things we already have been told.

Take a deep breath.

@Witchy Woman  I'm sorry to hear you also have a confirmed case where you live. I was afraid with each passing day we'd start seeing more and more cases in our area(s)....I've avoided watching the local news since yesterday for this very reason. It just makes me too nervous to even think about it. I HAVE to go out every day!! Unfortunately, bills & the requirement of food/liquid to survive don't end just b/c we are in a crisis :-( I wish there was some way for EVERYONE to stay home for 2 weeks, not go out at all and this would pass, I'm sure of it.

That is just not practical though. For one, healthcare workers MUST go to work or we'll all be up s***t creek without them if we get ill. My job is essentially part of the healthcare field. I am an operator at an answering service. I take calls (inbound) from hospitals/drs offices & then we also answer some commercial accounts too (heat/air, electric, etc) but it's mostly medical. For instance when you get ill and it's after-hours you would reach me and then I would call the provider that is on call for that day/night, that is of course if I happened to answer for your particular drs office lol

Then like I said we get hospital calls, consults, dr to dr, patient transfers, etc....I really don't mind it. I work by myself on overnights. My boss has the capability for us to be able to work from home, BUT he just won't let us do it. (control)  We are a small company of less than 10 employees...I am a manager, but that doesn't really account to much b/c the only difference is I have more responsibities with entering o/c for each month for each dr's office, I have to take on call and I get a whopping $5 dollars a day for that lol...it's crazy. 

I really wish I'd of went to school and gotten a degree BEFORE I chose to have children. Instead I got preg at 17 and was a single mom until I got married @ 21. Then I had the twins when I was 22. So by the time I was 22 I had THREE kids...it was just hard, but I did it. You just never really know when you are young just how important it is to take schooling seriously and get a degree!! 

I've never made more than 11.50 an hour my entire life....and I have medical office experience, years (22 to be exact) of it actually...I have of course general clerical experience...It's just without a degree it's very hard to make ANY amount of money. I work 48 hours a week right now and I'm scraping buy. It's crazy. 

Okay, sorry for all of my rambling, but you get my point. There are SO many people out there that CANNOT just stop working, b/c if they then we'd really have a reason to panic!! Thank goodness for all the medical personnel and all of the other employees in supportive jobs like mine that ALLOW the clinical side of healthcare to be able to do their job and treat patients effeciently!!  Ultimately, the patients are what is MOST important!!

I'll be honest I'm just thankful to have a job, please don't take my rambling as complaining or anything....it's just sometimes a tad bit depressing when I think of how hard I've worked all these years and I have nothing to show for it :-( no savings, no insurance...Nada!  So, please those of you who ARE more fortunate and chose to take a better path than I did, you should be proud of yourself!!  Because I know it wasn't easy!! 

Stay safe everyone!! Heart We WILL get thru all of this!! Stay positive!!

~ Hope in TN ~