Trusted Contributor

Re: Court Appearance of Lori Loughlin and Felicity Huffman

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Harvard99 wrote:

@DiAnne wrote:

@Deanie wrote:

Sounds as if the plethora of those now admitting to using the Singer firm is an attempt to "get in front of" the story before they are exposed.

I wonder if he ran a legitimate business and only did the "extra help" on the side for those who needed lots of help and had lots of money....

I think he started out with a legitimate business but found a better illegal way to make money.  I do not like when they cut someone like him a deal just to catch the rest of them.  He should be punished the most because if not for people like him, this situation would not exist. I don't understand why they give him leniency.  It's just wrong to me.

@Harvard99, that's how it often works. He caved and led them to all the rest. Without him, this may have remained an ongoing crime involving tons of people.

@suzyQ3  Yes, I only wish there was a way to prosecute the whole bunch of them equitably.  Singer will probably get a light sentence that allows him to later enjoy his illegally obtained wealth, or if not, then his heirs will enjoy it.  Just my feelings about how the system works.

Honored Contributor

@Harvard99 wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Harvard99 wrote:

@DiAnne wrote:

@Deanie wrote:

Sounds as if the plethora of those now admitting to using the Singer firm is an attempt to "get in front of" the story before they are exposed.

I wonder if he ran a legitimate business and only did the "extra help" on the side for those who needed lots of help and had lots of money....

I think he started out with a legitimate business but found a better illegal way to make money.  I do not like when they cut someone like him a deal just to catch the rest of them.  He should be punished the most because if not for people like him, this situation would not exist. I don't understand why they give him leniency.  It's just wrong to me.

@Harvard99, that's how it often works. He caved and led them to all the rest. Without him, this may have remained an ongoing crime involving tons of people.

@suzyQ3  Yes, I only wish there was a way to prosecute the whole bunch of them equitably.  Singer will probably get a light sentence that allows him to later enjoy his illegally obtained wealth, or if not, then his heirs will enjoy it.  Just my feelings about how the system works.

@Harvard99, I understand. It's a trade-off.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Super Contributor

@roxxy1 wrote:

@beach-mom  Thanks for the drawings.  Lori does look defiant, and Felicity~scared.

They're both sickening.

@roxxy1   Right on 100%

Valued Contributor

@Harvard99 wrote:

-----

If not for people like them (his "customers"), the situation would not exist.

If the demand for a product or service is significant enough to warrant a premium price, someone will step in to supply it. This type of transaction arises in all manner of illegal activity, typical example being, if demand for drugs was not so high, there would be no drug dealers.

Respected Contributor

did Felicity Huffman ignore the  request to appear in court?  is that why they had to  go and get her?

Esteemed Contributor

Sorry, but I have no sympathy for the "kids" of these people. They are young adults and have been raised to be as self-absorbed as their parents. The one daughter was quoted in an interview saying she just wanted to go to college for the parties....she admitted she wasn't interested in "school". The Hollywood parents have committed fraud and paid hundreds of thousands of dollars to cheat a tax-payer funded university system that is already corrupt. They all need to be held accountable.

Trusted Contributor

@Hooty wrote:

@pommom wrote:

Lori's daughters have dropped out of USC.  They do not want to go back to school for obvious reasons.  This according to TMZ.

This is a sad situation all the way around.  My concern is for the kids.  They are going to need professional help.

The parents?  No so much.  They knew what they were doing.

@pommom , I read the reason they dropped out was because they were being bullied, oh poor things!!!

There is no way that I'm going to believe that these kids didn't know what was going on. This was just one more entitlement to them.

Trusted Contributor

@jannabelle1 wrote:

Sorry, but I have no sympathy for the "kids" of these people. They are young adults and have been raised to be as self-absorbed as their parents. The one daughter was quoted in an interview saying she just wanted to go to college for the parties....she admitted she wasn't interested in "school". The Hollywood parents have committed fraud and paid hundreds of thousands of dollars to cheat a tax-payer funded university system that is already corrupt. They all need to be held accountable.

AMEN!

Trusted Contributor

@froggy wrote:

@pommom wrote:

Lori's daughters have dropped out of USC.  They do not want to go back to school for obvious reasons.  This according to TMZ.

This is a sad situation all the way around.  My concern is for the kids.  They are going to need professional help.

The parents?  No so much.  They knew what they were doing.

The kids knew what they were doing also. I doubt a lifetime of "professional help" would get them over their sense of entitlement. 

I could care less about these “kids” they are college age not preschoolers.  Deal with it.

Trusted Contributor

@arizona babe wrote:

I personally just don't see the big deal here, this type of thing has been going on for decades and decades and if I could of found someone to take my college boards I would of paid in a heart beat and that was in the 60's- colleges are at fault here and always have been as the qualifications to get into one are just absurd, very few students have straight A's and other things- it just boils down to materialistic things and trying to impress everyone- a degree from Yale means no more than a degree from another school- it is all about the student and what they do after they graduate not how they got in- for Hallmark to fire Loughlin is stupid, she is a good actress and how about all the other actors that have had law issues and they are on TV, just a double standard and a goody goody attitude- those students that have filed suit against these people will be lucky if they see a nickel, nothing to sue for so just move on

Hallmark is a “wholesome, family brand” that couldn’t be publicly associated with a cheater.  Not good business.  Look what happened to Paula Deen, Roseanne and others. No business needs a scandal.