Respected Contributor

Re: Court Appearance of Lori Loughlin and Felicity Huffman

@Bri369 

The more I learn, the worse it gets.  Jeez.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Respected Contributor

@Witchy Woman: "When is enough, enough?  That's really no ones business.  When you start asking that question, you begin a trip down a slippery road that leads to "wealth redistribution" under the mantra of "social justice".

These people committed crimes.  They ought to be punished, though most think that won't happen.  

The kids involved in this had to know what was going on and gladly participated in it.  They, too, should be punished, but that is even less likely.  

Honored Contributor

@Deanie wrote:

Sounds as if the plethora of those now admitting to using the Singer firm is an attempt to "get in front of" the story before they are exposed.

I wonder if he ran a legitimate business and only did the "extra help" on the side for those who needed lots of help and had lots of money....

Honored Contributor

If any involved do time, then when they are released, I hope that they can lead productive lives. I hope that for most felons.

As for the children knowing, I think it depends on which avenue each parent took. Some means that were used would have been obvious to their offspring, but others, maybe not. This is a huge case with so many involved that no one brush stroke applies.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

@DiAnne   There are legitimate consulting firms that assist in preparation for College. These firms, to the best of my knowledge, search for the right fit for the student and do much leg work in narrowing the field for the parents to make informed decisions regarding their " young uns"  This preparation is lawful and appropriate. Whether of not the Singer firm provided that type of assistance in other cases we are yet to know.

Trusted Contributor

@colliemom4 wrote:

I read that all of Lori and her daughter's jobs dropped them. Her daughter was doing well on Instagram as a beauty blogger/influencer.

@colliemom4  I saw Olivia Jade's video before she took it down.  She said she was not interested in going to class, just the partying and that everyone already knew that.

What was so disturbing to me was when she said that she had to travel a lot, be available for her Sephora and influencer commitments, etc..  That she would have to have a little talk with the deans  about this, so they'd know she wouldn't be there much.  WHAT!!!  Of course I'm paraphrasing but I'm pretty close to her actual words

It was shocking to me, her cavalier, entitled attitude, giggling and laughing at the prestigious school.  I got the impression that the deans already knew what was going on, she just had to run it by again them in case they forgot.  It was like a little window into the lives of the young, beautiful, rich, selfish and entitled.

Super Contributor

While i agree this is sad and shocking, the responsibility lies with each one. I cannot believe that LL's daughter(s) were totally oblivious to this. Simply a lack of integrity all the way around. The message and example that all these parents/adults displayed is that its ok to cheat to get what you want at the expense of others. These kids have been coddled and rescued by their parents over and over i am sure, resulting in young women and men who believe they deserve more than anyone else and cannot solve problems without dishonesty and circumventing or ignoring rules. 

Trusted Contributor

@DiAnne wrote:

@Deanie wrote:

Sounds as if the plethora of those now admitting to using the Singer firm is an attempt to "get in front of" the story before they are exposed.

I wonder if he ran a legitimate business and only did the "extra help" on the side for those who needed lots of help and had lots of money....

I think he started out with a legitimate business but found a better illegal way to make money.  I do not like when they cut someone like him a deal just to catch the rest of them.  He should be punished the most because if not for people like him, this situation would not exist. I don't understand why they give him leniency.  It's just wrong to me.

Honored Contributor

@Harvard99 wrote:

@DiAnne wrote:

@Deanie wrote:

I think he started out with a legitimate business but found a better illegal way to make money.  I do not like when they cut someone like him a deal just to catch the rest of them.  He should be punished the most because if not for people like him, this situation would not exist. I don't understand why they give him leniency.  It's just wrong to me.

@Harvard99, that's how it often works. He caved and led them to all the rest. Without him, this may have remained an ongoing crime involving tons of people.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

On another note, I saw a pic of Lori's daughter's dorm room that was done by an interior decorator.  It is gorgeous.  Woman LOL

These people had no shame.