Honored Contributor

Re: Court Appearance of Lori Loughlin and Felicity Huffman

I think William Macy was not charged because his involvement was regarding their second daughter - he had calls and conversations on how the scam would play out for the younger daughter, but in the end, they decided not to go through with the scam for her.

He is not on tape being involved in the criminal activity for the elder daughter, as his wife is.

Honored Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

He is on some of the recorded telephone conversations.  I just finished reading them. He's speaking directly to the undercover witness.

and this:  "On or about February 27, 2018, HUFFMAN and her spouse made a purported contribution of $15,000 to KWF.  On or about March 21, 2018  Masera sent them a letter thanking them for the purported donation and falsely stating that it would "allow us to move forward with our plans to provide educational and self-enrichment programs to disadvantaged youth."  The letter falsely stated that "no goods or services were exchanged" for the $15,000."

He absolutely knew what was going on.  I am curious why he wasn't charged - even if he wasn't "on tape" regarding his firat daughter.  

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, he was clearly involved in the payoff for the elder daughter, but the Feds may have wanted more (like they have with Lori's husband) to indict.

Respected Contributor

Then Macy squeezed by through sheer luck by being slightly removed by degrees, proof-wise.  I don't think his career will be hurt as much as his wife's. 

Honored Contributor

I read he is being blasted for an interview a while back about "never ever lying it always comes back on you."  Guess he knows the truth of that now. 

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

Towards the end of the list is a dentist who is on faculty at USC dental school.  His spouse was also very involved it seems, on the calls, etc. but not charged.  His name is Zadeh.

(He was a professor at USC and still had to bribe someone to get his daughter in?)