Honored Contributor

Re: Court Appearance of Lori Loughlin and Felicity Huffman

I'm having a hard time feeling sorry for any of them...

Esteemed Contributor

@4labs wrote:

Loughlin’s kids were willing participants in perpetuating the scam that they were elite rowers.  The youngest one didn’t even bother to go to class the first week of freshman year because she wanted to go to Fiji.  

Well, good heavens. If these kids and the parents ever had to live like us peasants, they probably couldn't handle it. Honestly.

I'm clueless as to how they live and no doubt it goes both ways.

Super Contributor

I personally just don't see the big deal here, this type of thing has been going on for decades and decades and if I could of found someone to take my college boards I would of paid in a heart beat and that was in the 60's- colleges are at fault here and always have been as the qualifications to get into one are just absurd, very few students have straight A's and other things- it just boils down to materialistic things and trying to impress everyone- a degree from Yale means no more than a degree from another school- it is all about the student and what they do after they graduate not how they got in- for Hallmark to fire Loughlin is stupid, she is a good actress and how about all the other actors that have had law issues and they are on TV, just a double standard and a goody goody attitude- those students that have filed suit against these people will be lucky if they see a nickel, nothing to sue for so just move on

Trusted Contributor

Sounds as if the plethora of those now admitting to using the Singer firm is an attempt to "get in front of" the story before they are exposed.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SydneyH wrote:

@beach-mom wrote:

@GraceLady wrote:

@SydneyH wrote:

They are charged with fraud and you don't understand why the FBI was involved?

I think this is about sending a message.  I don't think so many FBI agents were necessary--with guns drawn.  They were not going after a murderer.  It seems excessive.  Felicity Huffman doesn't seem like a flight risk.  I am a little surprised they didn't give her the opportunity to turn herself in.  In Lori Loughlin's case, they clearly weren't worried.  She was already out of the country and given the chance to turn herself in.  

@GraceLady and @SydneyH - Yes, @GraceLady, you said  exactly what I meant. I certainly understand why the FBI was involved, but I thought 7 agents with guns drawn was a little excessive. 

Well if a person will go that far to get an unqualified child into an institution, I surely wouldn't be rolling up their residence unarmed, you just don't or will ever know how far someone will go when the gig is up imo.

I agree and, in addition, I would think they have a procedure, and secondly, that it is a very cavalier attitude about the safety of the agents.  

Respected Contributor

@Daisy Sunflower wrote:

I wonder if FH is feeling a little resentful that her husband wasn't arrested, too.

It seems authorities would have brought charges against him if they felt they had the evidence. FH may be feeling gratitude that hubby can keep employed and they will continue with their lavish lifestyle. Of course she never played the squeaky clean roles that the other famous mother did so people may accept her in roles again--but 'Aunt Becky' --not so much. 

I have always thought Wm. Macy is a wonderful actor . Can one 'act ' innocent enough to avoid prosecution ? Smiley Happy Maybe the fashion designer dad can design some really nice burger joint uniforms for the children to wear!

Honored Contributor

It appears that Lori is angry that she is in this situation as if she didn't deserve it, and knowing it was all for naught, didn't help her children one bit, and I can imagine the turmoil the children are in now.

On a lighter note, I bet the court reporter is not happy about the extremely pointed nose the sketcher drew of hers, no one has such a pointed nose, lol.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Cats3000 wrote:

@Mary Bailey   The parents have already committed "professional suicide".  Does any one think that Huffman and Macy and Loughlin and her husband will ever work again?  I read that a father was terminated from his position as a hedge fund manager.  Another father was placed on leave by his law firm.  And we haven't even scratched the surface with tax fraud and charitable contributions.

I contine to believe that the kids were NOT "innocent victims" in this mess.  The details of the way this was played are so transparent that it's hard to believe that, at minimum, the kids didn't know what was going on.

@Cats3000  I think they'll work again because people have short memories, remember Martha Stewart and Paula Dean.  If they can't work again, that doesn't punish them at all, a rich celebrity or a rich hedge fund manager, etc.

I read that Loughin and husband are worth 100 million.  I also heard that Singer said he has 'helped' about 750 families.  As someone said, he's been the 'go to' guy and this manner of college admission has been rampant, I'm sure, for years and years, even before Singer.

I do not think they're embarrassed or the least bit sorry for their actions but just embarrassed and sorry that they got caught.  Loughlin looks angry, I never liked her and I think she's showing her true colors now.

I also think that many or most of these children were aware of everything, it's apparent from videos that Loughlin's were.  I  really wish they were prosecuted also.

What's wrong here is that the rich get a fine (that's no punishment to them) while the average Joe would be in prison for 20 years for so much less. Rich celebrities, rich lawyers, rich judges. I do not think we will see justice served.  I know if I was worth the money they are, I would care less if I ever worked again.

Honored Contributor

I read that all of Lori and her daughter's jobs dropped them. Her daughter was doing well on Instagram as a beauty blogger/influencer.

Regular Contributor

Lori Loughlin, looks as though she's saying, who do you think you are, don't you know who I am!!