Respected Contributor

I used to adore country music, 70's, 80's 90's. Now our lives have changed so much for the worse I can barely listen to it. it brings back so many beatifyl memories, it juast hurts. We country danced and the little bands knew us,when we came in, one would play and sing "Redneck Girl", just for me. Another band would play and sing "You're in Love With the Wrong Man". It was just so darn fun. I was in my 40's and 50's, very slim, blond and pretty. My DH a tall anf gorgeous man. And yes, we were great dancers.

Now it is just hard to hear it, so many memories. Most of the CW today is not music to me. Brad Paisley is great on the guitar, a few like him. The clothes the girls wear I cannot believe. I love Reba, some like her. I didn't realize that show was on last night or would have watched at least part of it.

Sorry, I am just "down" today.

mm

"Cats are like potato chips, you can never have just one".
Esteemed Contributor

I listened to country music and was a die hard fan for probably 20 years.  I slowly lost interest and haven't listened to it for probably 15 years now.  Back when I was a huge fan, I loved the awards shows and there was never enough of them.  Now, I don't even realize they are on and if I stumble across one, I just turn the channel.

I still have a soft spot for The Oak Ridge Boys though but it has been 8 or 9 years since I've been to a concert of theirs.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Respected Contributor
(((Mama Mia)))

Feel better
Honored Contributor

I only like the new country sound like Florida/Georgia Line............

Honored Contributor

I DVR the award shows so I may FF through the commercials and save time watching the program. When there is a song I don't care for I just FF. 🙂

Honored Contributor

It's not just Country music - there are too many awards shows for both music and "favorite" this and that on various networks. It dilutes the perception of talent and also peoples' interest, and the awards and the winners become meaningless, whether for music, acting or personality.

I don't pay much attention to any of it any more. 

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

It's hardly just country music that has award shows, so it's not really fair to single them out.  (And at least country artists can sing live and still sound good!  No need for lip-syncing.)

Personally, I can't watch the award shows for other genres; too much over-the-top bad behavior.  And the outfits some of the "artists" wear - ridiculous.  It's like the women are all competing to see who can wear the least clothing.  They all come off (male and female) looking like huge egotists.

Did anyone see Justin Bieber's tweet after Prince died?  Someone posted that he (Prince) was the greatest living artist and the Biebs posted "Well, not the greatest living artist!"  Typical of the Biebs; I'm sure he was thinking that he is the greatest living artist.  He can hope!

Honored Contributor

I have never found anything so ridiculous as the OSCARS , the EMMYS and all these other awards celebrities give themselves. 

How about we award Fireman, policeman, soldiers, paramedics who take their lives in their hands to keep us safe and alive? Or doctors whose skills actually do keep us alive ? But no - we give awards to those who make a living in a world of make belive.

Honored Contributor

I like some performances but not all.  I really don't care for one artist to sing another artist's song.  It's never good IMO.

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

I don't watch award shows for the most part, but if I stumble across a country music one, that is one I will take the time out to watch.

@Mominohio

Me, too.

I disagree with the poster who spoke of them up on their pedestals.  To me, that says the poster doesn't know country music.  A lot of it is about their failures, not success.