Honored Contributor

@Mama Mia wrote:

I used to adore country music, 70's, 80's 90's. Now our lives have changed so much for the worse I can barely listen to it. it brings back so many beatifyl memories, it juast hurts. We country danced and the little bands knew us,when we came in, one would play and sing "Redneck Girl", just for me. Another band would play and sing "You're in Love With the Wrong Man". It was just so darn fun. I was in my 40's and 50's, very slim, blond and pretty. My DH a tall anf gorgeous man. And yes, we were great dancers.

Now it is just hard to hear it, so many memories. Most of the CW today is not music to me. Brad Paisley is great on the guitar, a few like him. The clothes the girls wear I cannot believe. I love Reba, some like her. I didn't realize that show was on last night or would have watched at least part of it.

Sorry, I am just "down" today.

mm

@Mama Mia

I am so sorry you're down.  I hope things are OK.

Thinking of you Heart

Honored Contributor

I hope you're feeling much better soon, Mama Mia!

As for country western music and their celebrations - I'm very much NOT a fan of country western music but I find it extremely easy to avoid it on tv.   I think a lot of their stuff is on the actual country western channels and I have all of those blocked from my scroll.   That helps, also!  

I'm so glad that Tivo makes it where you can check just the channels you want in your scroll and leave the rest unchecked so that they don't even show up.

There's something for everybody!   I just watch what I like and the rest might as well be invisible, AFAIK.  Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

@Mama Mia wrote:

I used to adore country music, 70's, 80's 90's. Now our lives have changed so much for the worse I can barely listen to it. it brings back so many beatifyl memories, it juast hurts. We country danced and the little bands knew us,when we came in, one would play and sing "Redneck Girl", just for me. Another band would play and sing "You're in Love With the Wrong Man". It was just so darn fun. I was in my 40's and 50's, very slim, blond and pretty. My DH a tall anf gorgeous man. And yes, we were great dancers.

Now it is just hard to hear it, so many memories. Most of the CW today is not music to me. Brad Paisley is great on the guitar, a few like him. The clothes the girls wear I cannot believe. I love Reba, some like her. I didn't realize that show was on last night or would have watched at least part of it.

Sorry, I am just "down" today.

mm

Feel better dear!   I too am feeling blah these days.   Life isn't going well for me.   But, it could be worse.   Thanks for sharing.  I know how hard memories are and how they can tug at our hearts.   Take care of yourself, you are not alone.

Honored Contributor

I like the newer country crossover songs. I like a few of the oldies, Garth Brooks, Patsy Cline etc.

Respected Contributor

Re: Country Music

[ Edited ]

I enjoy most types of music except for the traditionally twangy, nasal country music.  This is what the old time country singers and fans are lamenting -- that country is turning more pop.

You're right about the country award shows, OP.....and the same artists win every time.

Honored Contributor

I don't care for awards shows in general.  I don't listen to country music so I wouldn't be inclined to watch one of their awards shows.

But I agree that it seems like there are a lot of country music award shows.

Honored Contributor

That way, every major performer gets an award.  You know, so no one feels bad....lol