Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Couldn't sleep last night? Saturday 4/14? Odd?

[ Edited ]

So strange!

There must have been something about 4am cause I woke up then too and was tired but for some reason made myself get out of bed and stayed up until about 7:30, then back to bed for awhile.

and @kitkat-

Your poor kitty! hope he is healing and I'm sure he feels so comforted to be close to you! I know that is upsetting.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

We had a sudden change in temperature, too @I am still oxox.  Yesterday was 83 and today we barely got past 40.  I don't like hot weather, so I'm good with the 40!

Trusted Contributor

Wow, this is freaky!

I went to bed about 11:30p and read until almost 1a.  Still not tired.  I turned off the light and lay there until I don't know when.  And then was up at 6a, which I was not happy about.  Got up at 8a to go food shop.

I was hoping that I would have been in bed by now as my alarm goes off at 5:20a, but here I am reading the blogs.Woman Mad

And I already took a generic Ambian ... 

Esteemed Contributor

The plains (Minn -Dakotas area) and Northeast having wicket storms - Minn got 20 inches of snow with more to come according to Weather Channel.  NJ - NY and north & east experienced wild winds and ice conditions last night.  Some trees coated in ice - thin and thick this AM.  Got to believe weather may be the main factor; but don't know if this applies to CA - what were the conditions there Sat?

Honored Contributor

I did not sleep last night either.

I think my problem was a reaction to an increase of medication I was given 6 weeks ago. I tried the increase and kept it going as long as I could, but i just was not feeling well, so I went back to my original dosage. I was up all night long, am exhausted

Honored Contributor

I am in was State...up st 415 and having coffee shortly after.I drank three cups before I was ready to face the world.

Honored Contributor

@KitTkat I hope Smokey is feeling better and the two of you get a good nights rest.

Honored Contributor

Wish I could contribute, but my data are skewed - not sleeping is my normal.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@Drythe@Sleep seems to be more and more elusive After menopause.I used to be able to sleep in and loved it but those days are long gone.

Honored Contributor

Hi @fthunt

Here in northern Calif it was sunny on Saturday, and a bit cooler Sunday morning, building up to rainshowers today on Sunday.

Not that unusual, and not that drastic.  

I don't know why last night was so odd.  It wasn't just the not sleeping, but the strange need to stay awake that has me puzzled.  And the fact that I heard something similar from two other people got me curious enough to post the OP here.  

I hope we all get a good night's sleep tonight!

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.