Honored Contributor

Re: Couldn't Find Jill on Today, but found Kim Kardashian

@jeanlake wrote:

Never say never -- but I Googled it. KK didn't pursue education beyond high school. So, is she in undergraduate classes? I know there are only a few states that allow you to take the bar exam without going to law school but.... results are dismal. Not my words.  

This is untrue. Kim had 75 college credits when she began her law program. The state ofCaliforniarequires 60 college credits or more to start this program.

Honored Contributor

I just saw KKW on TV last week saying that she has tested positive for the lupus antibodies. I don't know what that means for her or even if it means anything at all. I was just channel surfing when I saw her talking about that.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee wrote:

I just saw KKW on TV last week saying that she has tested positive for the lupus antibodies. I don't know what that means for her or even if it means anything at all. I was just channel surfing when I saw her talking about that.

@SilleeMee 

She’s had psoriasis for many, many years on her legs.

If I understand, both lupus & psoriasis are autoimmune issues, yes?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sidsmom wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@SilleeMee 

If I understand, both lupus & psoriasis is autoimmune, yes?

@sidsmom 

Yes and I also heard her saying something about rheumatoid arthritis. The last thing I remember about her conversation was that she was waiting for further testing to confirm some of that stuff she was talking about. I don't watch the news much so I don't know what has happened since I saw her on TV last week.

ETA - Then after she got done talking, there was some discussion about her getting treatment or meds to prevent the AI disease from getting worse, if that's what is wrong with her.

Respected Contributor

I'll be commending her once she actually passes the Bar.    I have a friend whose husband was an aeronautical engineer working for Boeing.  In his late 20's he decided to do a career change and entered law school.   He studied in one of the best schools.  

When he took the Bar exam he failed the first time.   He did pass on his second attempt.

He told me that many people do not pass on their first attempt because it's one of the most difficult exams you will ever take.  

If this gentleman with all of his extensive education had difficulty with the Bar exam, I fail to see how KK is going to pass without even going to law school.   

I'm not saying she is dumb or uneducated but to go from her background, to a career as a practicing attorney, just seems to be quite a stretch.   

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@SilleeMee 

If I understand, both lupus & psoriasis is autoimmune, yes?

@sidsmom 

Yes and I also heard her saying something about rheumatoid arthritis. The last thing I remember about her conversation was that she was waiting for further testing to confirm some of that stuff she was talking about. I don't watch the news much so I don't know what has happened since I saw her on TV last week.

ETA - Then after she got done talking, there was some discussion about her getting treatment or meds to prevent the AI disease from getting worse, if that's what is wrong with her.

@SilleeMee 

AND....she had gestational diabetes when she had her 2nd baby

(and maybe 1st, as well)

I mean....it ain’t all fairy dust & roses.  

Pretty serious ailments...but she keeps going. 

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

@wonderfulworld wrote:

Was she actually accepted into an accredited law school with out any college?

@wonderfulworld 

It’s called “Law Reader”...or ‘Reading Law.’

‘California, Virginia, Vermont and Washington state,

don’t require a degree from those who wish to pass the bar exam.

They can instead become “law readers” and apprentice with a

practicing lawyer for a designated amount of time each week.’

‘In 2013, 60 people became lawyers this way as opposed to

84,000 via law schools.’

I don’t know what she plans to do w/ with this, but I foresee her

increasing her activism once she passes the bar or whatever tests

to become a lawyer in this unconventional way.  

It’s schooling allowed to all....so depending on your career goals,

this type of schooling could be financially beneficial if funds are tight. 

Pretty sure funds aren't tight... But why do it the hard way when she can do it the less hard way, skipping college and law school... One assumes, too, she has some of her father's contacts to help grease the skids... 

It doesn’t work this way. In California, to do this you must first have at least 60 undergrad college credits. Kim had 75.  Then you must find lawyers to train you and you must take continual exams to proceed from year to year.  Finally, YOU MUST PASS THE CALIFORNIA BAR. No small feat. 

Kim goes to see her trainers for days and hours at a time. She is serious about this. She also knows she could be setting herself up for ridicule and humiliation if she does not complete the program or pass all her required law testing and pass the bar.

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

@wonderfulworld wrote:

Was she actually accepted into an accredited law school with out any college?

@wonderfulworld 

It’s called “Law Reader”...or ‘Reading Law.’

‘California, Virginia, Vermont and Washington state,

don’t require a degree from those who wish to pass the bar exam.

They can instead become “law readers” and apprentice with a

practicing lawyer for a designated amount of time each week.’

‘In 2013, 60 people became lawyers this way as opposed to

84,000 via law schools.’

I don’t know what she plans to do w/ with this, but I foresee her

increasing her activism once she passes the bar or whatever tests

to become a lawyer in this unconventional way.  

It’s schooling allowed to all....so depending on your career goals,

this type of schooling could be financially beneficial if funds are tight. 

Pretty sure funds aren't tight... But why do it the hard way when she can do it the less hard way, skipping college and law school... One assumes, too, she has some of her father's contacts to help grease the skids... 

It doesn’t work this way. In California, to do this you must first have at least 60 undergrad college credits. Kim had 75.  Then you must find lawyers to train you and you must take continual exams to proceed from year to year.  Finally, YOU MUST PASS THE CALIFORNIA BAR. No small feat. 

Kim goes to see her trainers for days and hours at a time. She is serious about this. She also knows she could be setting herself up for ridicule and humiliation if she does not complete the program or pass all her required law testing and pass the bar.

@Mindy D 

Thanks for the additional info about the undergrad credits.

For all those who say it’s the ‘less hard way’,

it’s allowed in 4 states...anyone with 60 undergrad credits

can do this.  I have a feeling ALOT of traditional law students

-right this very second-, are kicking themselves they didn’t think

of this route. Don’t hate the gal who’s ‘smarter than the average bear.’

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I just saw this on my YouTube list.

Dr. Brooke Goldner reversed her Lupus with diet.

Good timing...I believe there’s another 3-day webinar with 

Dr. Goldner coming up soon.

https://youtu.be/vLBJwoX-Hi4

905AE4BA-B21D-4F3D-A012-1B85CFD47173.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

The topic says that the OP couldn't find Jill on Today but found Kim Kardashian.

I haven't got much interest in the K family but I'd love to learn how Jill organizes her refrigerator!! Sometimes these threads totally crack me up!! 

Face With Rolling Eyes on Microsoft Windows 10 May 2019 Update

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett