Honored Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Could you survive THE BLACKOUT BOX?

Absolutely not.    The whole thought of being in something like that just terrifies me.

Esteemed Contributor

It would require  using relaxation exercises , but for me all bets off if the " creepy  sounds " are those of a snake or mouse.

Honored Contributor

Probably

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

Go ahead and call me a stick in the mud but I find it revolting to take a very dark chapter of our American history--torture of prisoners at black sites--and then use it in a completely voluntary context on free volunteers who can go home at the end of the day, as a "challenge." Normalizing torture just isn't cute in my opinion.

We did this to people who couldn't say no, to try to force them to say things that might not even be accurate or true just in order to escape the torment.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

I'm thinking that if I knew ahead of time I was going in by choice, and knew that none of it was 'real'. I could overcome it. 

But I'm not volunteering to give it go.

Honored Contributor

Yes, I think its totally uncalled for, but I could survive it.  Tell you what would get me, anything to do with heights.