Esteemed Contributor

Re: Could you date someone 36 years younger than you?

Toooo many yrs ....

This is pedifilia  (sp?)  ........IMO

Sickening!

Honored Contributor

Probably not.

I like being with someone who can relate to things I can relate to and who has life experience more extensive than someone that much younger could offer.

But if he were extraordinary, maybe......

Honored Contributor

My guess it's all for publicity.  

When was the last time anybody heard anything about her!

Honored Contributor

DH is 14 years older than me....and that is my limit.

We have been married 40 years, so that age difference worked for us.

Esteemed Contributor

No way!  Although, I did end up marrying a younger man (by a year).  Smiley Happy

A few times I've had students ask me if I think Romeo is hot (when we read/watched Romeo and Juliet).  I always tell them that I'm old enough to be Romeo's mother, so I just can't look at him that way.  Smiley Tongue

I used to listen to Madonna's music all the time and found myself being influenced by her sense of style (fashion, hair).  These days I have a difficult time relating to her.  

Honored Contributor

Could I date someone 36 years younger?  Woman Frustrated 

I don't know, but I could TRY!  Woman Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

36 years my junior would make him a year younger than my oldest son and 3 years older than my youngest son. I think they would have something to say about it!

I'm sure we would would have plenty in common. After all, I was raising sons while he would have been growing up, so I remember life from his perspective, LOL!

Yeah, that's Madge for ya.

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

That's not dating.  That's secksul relationship.  Pay for play.  Madonna  has always had a problem accepting her age.  If fiddling and diddling with kid young enough to be her son, grandson even, makes her happy.  Then I am happy for her.  Me?  No there are no circumstances under which I would be romantically involved with  22 year old.  I'm not that desperate...LOL 

@chrystaltree 

Secksul?  You can say sexual here.

Valued Contributor

No thank you, I'am done changing diapers. And teaching little boys how to clean their rear ends Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

@MalteseMomma wrote:

Toooo many yrs ....

This is pedifilia  (sp?)  ........IMO

Sickening!

No, @MalteseMomma, it is not pedophilia.

Pedophilia (alternatively spelt paedophilia) is a psychiatric disorder in which an adult or older adolescent experiences a primary or exclusive sexual attraction to prepubescent children.[1][2] Although girls typically begin the process of puberty at age 10 or 11, and boys at age 11 or 12,[3] criteria for pedophilia extend the cut-off point for prepubescence to age 13.[4] A person must be at least 16 years old, and at least five years older than the prepubescent child, for the attraction to be diagnosed as pedophilia.[4][5]

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland