Honored Contributor

Re: Could you date someone 36 years younger than you?

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

Madonna's backup dancer is 25 years old and the two are supposedly dating.  This isn't a very glamorous picture of them, but it's reality.  No matter if I was a big time celebrity, I just don't think I could date someone that much younger than me.  What about you?

Btw - he' 2 years younger than her daughter.

image.png

@San Antonio Gal 

First of all, this isn't really serious dating .... it's casual dating.  For casual dating, all you need is a good rapport, and that kind of chemistry can happen with people of any age.  It definitely depends, in part, on your communication skills.   JMO

Thinking back to my dating days, I have dated someone as old as 23 years older, and someone who was 19 years younger.  (He was a medical student and I was early 40s).  In both of these cases, they weren't super-serious, and our different perspectives made for very interesting discussions.   Both were very good casual dating relationships.

Honored Contributor

Re: Could you date someone 36 year younger than you?

@GCR18 wrote:

I really don't think so.  I'd be concerned with his maturity level.  

@GCR18 

I've dated men my age and older whose maturity level was definitely concerning.

Honored Contributor

I was around 40 when I dated a much younger man who was one of the nicest guys I've ever met. I did not know exactly how old he was. It did freak me out though when he was talking about the dog he had as a boy and mentioned that the dog was still alive! 😯🤯
Super Contributor

@Preds You are too funny.  After reading your post, if  this man comes along, send his twin my way!

Honored Contributor

Imo, Madonna is not a sympathetic or personable person.  Never cared for her.  I do admire her talent for keeping in the game.  Her voice is ordinary, but her showmanship is extraordinary.  

She will have a fling for a while, and then he will be dust like the others.  If he can call attention to her, get her in the news, she will keep him around for a bit.  However, I have no doubt they have a thing for each other.  I might be sad if he was my son though. 

Esteemed Contributor

I'd have zero interest. Yikes. My oldest child - son is 36. Madonna's relationship sounds like a temporary arrangement so I don't think any of that matters. If marriage becomes a reality, then age diference would become more of an issue. Even then; to each his own. Hubs and I are close in age, so that's what I'm used to. 

My daughter prefers men 8 - 10 years older. She made that discovery when she was 25. That's her type. She doesn't like men her age.

No right or wrong answers. Whatever makes people happy, content, distracted or feeling good about themselves. 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

So I was thinking I got a few hearts on my post.

If I even tried to date someone that young can you imagine the look when I'd say to him, "Who on the Howdy Doody show did you like"?  

He'd look at me like I was crazy!

How about if I said, "That Johnny Mathias can sing like an angel".   Again, I'd get a cra-cra look!  Ha!

But if he named some rapper I'd look at him weird too.

But the joke would be on him because they only reason he'd want me would be for my money....

What's that you say?  What's funny about that? 

Well, he'd soon find out he was wasting his time because there is none...

But then in Madonna's case she probably pays for everything...so I guess it will help him.

Respected Contributor

No, but then I think 10 years either way is too much.

Honored Contributor

Absolutely not, but I can’t see myself dating again, period.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

So I was thinking I got a few hearts on my post.

If I even tried to date someone that young can you imagine the look when I'd say to him, "Who on the Howdy Doody show did you like"?  

He'd look at me like I was crazy!

How about if I said, "That Johnny Mathias can sing like an angel".   Again, I'd get a cra-cra look!  Ha!

But if he named some rapper I'd look at him weird too.

But the joke would be on him because they only reason he'd want me would be for my money....

What's that you say?  What's funny about that? 

Well, he'd soon find out he was wasting his time because there is none...

But then in Madonna's case she probably pays for everything...so I guess it will help him.

@Annabellethecat66 You're a hoot, but right as always!!!Smiley Happy