Esteemed Contributor

Re: Could she have picked a worse flattering color?

[ Edited ]

@RainCityWoman wrote:

@sophiamarie wrote:

It's called puce green.

Puce is maroon or a type of red brown. I've never heard of puce green.

@RainCityWoman  Really???? Google it.

Google "puce green" - then click on the link that is titled "color/85945c/puce green

The site is COLORlovers - the puce green color comes right up.  HTH

Respected Contributor

I'm guessing we're talking about Hillary.  She looks fan-freakin-tastic in hot pink and royal blue.  I think she looks awful in yellow and orange.  I don't know why she wears them all the time.

Respected Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@AKgirl2 wrote:

A small hint would do!  My crystal ball 🔮👳isn't responding!!

😁

Smiley MSN Emoticon 209.gif

Luv luv!  Where did you find these emoticons,  they're so great at expressing a thought/feeling...thanks!

Honored Contributor

She's in a mint/turquoise top today...must have read this board!

Respected Contributor

@terrier3 wrote:

She's in a mint/turquoise top today...must have read this board!

Eh.  She should've picked something that looks better with the flag behind her.

Esteemed Contributor

All of the dictionary descriptions describe it as being anywhere from a red brown to a purple red brown, to a reddish brown gray. None of them say green. That's what I came to know about it in my art classes. One day I decided to check the etymology of the word and the discovery kind of made sense. It comes from the French word meaning flea. Fleas are brown, but the blood they take from people they bite is a reddish brown.My old school Webster's New World Dictionary that I took to college BEFORE all this technology hocus pocus simply says brownish purple. Origin French out of the Latin pulex, meaning a flea. I found the reference to green in only two places online: Wikipedia and an etymology site that answered the confusion over the assumption of the green color. That site said it was simply a misnomer probably stemming from the use of Puke Green and changing it to puce green to describe something resembling pea soup other misconceptions of words. As for Wiki, I don't trust anything on it because people can edit at will with no legitimate source. I will, however, check your site and see what their explanation is for the confusion.

PS I checked the site, typed in Puce and got a whole series of colors some of which actually had the red brown color in them and some that did not. One actually had all teal tones and yellow, none of which are puce. I couldn't find any explanation or description in word form there. I have yet to find any of the ten dictionaries I checked that refer to a green.

Respected Contributor

Which would you rather be ........ Color blind or grammatically challenged ? 

Honored Contributor

@AKgirl2 wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@AKgirl2 wrote:

😁

Luv luv!  Where did you find these emoticons,  they're so great at expressing a thought/feeling...thanks!

@AKgirl2

I use the site below, mainly because there's no downloading involved, just copy & paste. Enjoy!

http://smileys.on-my-web.com/

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
QVC Customer Care

Respected Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@AKgirl2 wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@AKgirl2 wrote:

😁

@AKgirl2

I use the site below, mainly because there's no downloading involved, just copy & paste. Enjoy!

http://smileys.on-my-web.com/

@KingstonsMom ~ thank you!  It was so nice of you to pass this along.  I use an iPad and Safari won't download:/