Esteemed Contributor

Re: Could she have picked a worse flattering color?

Her best color, imo, was what she wore for the Congressional hearing. Very elegant with her pearls. Second is black with white.
Super Contributor

@Marp wrote:

@STP Carrie wrote:

@hyacinth003 wrote:

@STP Carrie wrote:

I wish QVC would implement a rule to the effect that thread titles must contain clear subject matter otherwise they will be deleted.

Aw, come on!

Don't we have enough rules????

Hyacinth

Unfortunately sometimes it is necessary to go this route to make others understand that which is common sense and common courtesy, and which should be a given.

Since the majority of folks use subject matter in their titles then having such a rule should not be a big deal.  It would only be problematic for those who feel the need to create threads with cutesy/sensational/intentionally vague titles created for the sole purpose of making folks open the thread in order to determine the subject.

Logic and common sense dictate that if you want folks to comment and/or respond to your comment then you need to supply the topic.  If you don't want them to do either, then why even post the thread on a forum?

And yes, I get that some do it just to get attention or to sit back and watch the response, but juvenile games bore me to tears.

We don't need a rule we need self control.  If no one responded to threads that are similar to this one they would lose their appeal and entertainment value to the poster.

I wholeheartedly agree with you.  That said, the problem is that you would have to communicate to and get everyone on board with that idea.  Also, there will always be folks who have to respond to such threads.   By having their thread deleted folks will do one of two things...they will either create threads with a clear topic or they will stop posting these types of threads altogether.  To me that's a win-win.

Highlighted
Super Contributor

Back on topic...

I finally saw a clip of Hillary wearing a green outfit (that is the topic, isn't it?) and it would honestly never occur to me to care what she was wearing. 

Honored Contributor

@sophiamarie wrote:

It's called puce green.

@sophiamarie

Looked olive green on my TV.

Honored Contributor

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

Green is a nice color choice for her.

@MyGirlsMom

And better than the peach one that was Made In China.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Lord. I can't imagine starting a whole thread on this. How vapid. The things people do to entertain themselves says a lot about what they have going on in their lives or lack thereof.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Honored Contributor

@STP Carrie wrote:

Back on topic...

I finally saw a clip of Hillary wearing a green outfit (that is the topic, isn't it?) and it would honestly never occur to me to care what she was wearing. 

I think "they" all wear stuff (good or bad) that will grab your attention (!)  

♥Surface of the Sun♥
QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just got out of the shower and DH picked the paint color for the dining room so I guess it's not me.....

But since I don't care fo posts that are disingenuous or coy, and since this one is obviously disingenuously coy, all in one, I'll just make a mental note to avoid this poster in the future.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Irshgrl31201 wrote:

Good Lord. I can't imagine starting a whole thread on this. How vapid. The things people do to entertain themselves says a lot about what they have going on in their lives or lack thereof.

I agree, @Irshgrl31201.   I also find it interesting that this thread has been permitted to remain yet any "bash threads" about Donald Trump were quashed posthaste.   And I don't mean to imply it's a politically partisan choice by the Q standards...  it's about the pervasive, daily threads criticizing and verbally shredding women.    I wish this climate in which so much scrutiny of/denigrating of women and their outward appearance weren't so accepted and supported.Sad emoticon

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova