Esteemed Contributor

Re: Could You Travel on this Road?

@lolakimono

I looked at this road on Google Earth -- Wowza, quite a view.

I was thinking I could run on it, but never drive.

Lombard St. in SF was bad enough, and that was pretty short.

This is impressive, though!  Cannot imagine how they built the thing.

Honored Contributor

I kind of like the challenge of mountain roads but the one pictured gives new meaning to "hairpin curve".  I've often driven the famous Million Dollar Highway in Colorado as well a a few of the jeep roads.  This road is boulevard compared to what it was the first time I went over it as a child.  It wasn't even paved back in those days and I was so scared I rode in the bottom of the car.

Screenshot_20171104-164517.jpg

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

I wouldn't have a problem with it!

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

Yes, I could travel on that road. At least it's paved. I've been on some dirt 4-wheel-drive roads that are pretty scary and far more dangerous.

Esteemed Contributor

Sure, as long as I am a passenger in the back seat and have been given a sleeping pill so I will never know I was there!!!!!

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Trusted Contributor

I'm sure the locals appreciate having a paved road to get from the bottom to the top but it''s not going to be me making the trip, glad I don't live there.  

Honored Contributor

my DH would have to knock me out before I would do something like that. driving the roads in my state am a wreck when i get home. i would need a rest home after driving on a road like this

Respected Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

No way!    I drove over Mingus Mountain ONCE (Arizona Route 89-A, Cottonwood)...........only because I didn't know about the switchbacks.   I would never...ever...do something like that again.   I was terrified.

@Desertdi

Aaaaarrrrgggghhhh!  PTSD!

I lived in Prescott when I was ten.  Just the mention of Mingus Mountain...

Don't get me started on California's Dumbarton Bridge... aarrrrgggghhhh!!!

@just beeWe just moved to the Valley from Prescott a few months ago..

Mingus Mt is a scare for sure, don't hit it if snow is coming down!  

Trusted Contributor

I could do it if I had to.  But, I'd probably hand the wheel over to my husband, LOL.  I think it looks that way from the air.  But, other than the turns, it looks like it's a very gradual drop/rise.  Just take it one level at a time.....

"I've been here since October 2006. Wow!"
Honored Contributor

Pretty sure I could do it if I could drive my own car, a bus, or dump truck- no way.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras