Honored Contributor

Could You Pass A 1954 Home Economics Class?

This test was so fun, esp. since this was my era.  The photos - which are a hoot and more fun even than the quiz - brought back many memories.  Aprons! LOL Smiley Happy

Have fun!

https://www.buzzfeed.com/rachelwmiller/could-you-pass-a-1954-home-economics-class?utm_term=.mx6P2w8r...

Regular Contributor

Re: Could You Pass A 1954 Home Economics Class?

Yikes!!!  ----   "or a cloth which may be burned afterwards.” 

What fun! 

Honored Contributor

I think our priorities have changed since the 1950s, never to return.  We could use a few of those niceties today. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I would have barely passed....I guessed at the left left right right questions.  OMG hilarious @Pearley!

Sell crazy some place else, we're all stocked up here.
Valued Contributor

@Pearley  -  That was a fun test; I would have flunked!Woman LOL  What woman washes her hair only twice a month???  You're right, the pictures were funny.

Honored Contributor

MickD wrote:

I would have barely passed....I guessed at the left left right right questions.  OMG hilarious @Pearley!

@MickD  Well not so funny, because I remember it and it was all true!  Yikes!

Trusted Contributor

After the first two questions, I knew I was doomed to flunk the class!  Woman LOL

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

@Pearley I thought putting on a robe was the first thing to do in the am......wrong!  I was trying to think June Cleaver - ish!

Sell crazy some place else, we're all stocked up here.
Respected Contributor

No.  But then again, could any of the women pictured change the oil and/or battery in a Dodge Ram pickup truck?  I can!

Valued Contributor

My how things have changed!  

The question about washing hair seemed like a trick question. I answered once a week ,but the correct answer was twice a month, but sooner if it gets dirty.  What???

Let's Stay in Touch

* *You're signing up to receive QVC promotional email.
Connect with Us

The scoop on everything Q, from helpful tips to interesting tidbits, questions, answers, and more.

QVC is not responsible for the availability, content, security, policies, or practices of the above referenced third-party linked sites, nor liable for statements, claims, opinions, or representations contained therein. QVC's Privacy Statement does not apply to these third-party web sites.

© 1995–2016 QVC, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademark Notice

Desktop View Mobile View