Valued Contributor

Re: Cottage cheese ~ yea or ???

I love cottage cheese, prefer small curd, with a dollop of A1 Sauce on top.

Occasional Contributor

I enjoy a bowl of cottage cheese and fruit atleast once a week.

Respected Contributor

I love it and eat it every day. I just made my breakfast...1/2 cup cottage cheese and blackberries topped with a sprinkle of high protein granola. I also like it savory....with salsa,extra jalapeno slices, and cheese, or topped with marinara, pizza toppings,baked in the oven. I sometimes stir in a bit of  sugar free lemon jello and let it rest in the fridge. Its very dessert-ish.  I had never eaten it until my weight loss surgery. Now it's my go-to base for  so many meals.

Frequent Contributor

Oh, yeah! Full fat, plain or with fruit, especially tomatoes!

Honored Contributor

I eat it mostly on my baked potatoes occasionally, even though it is dairy and I have eliminated most dairy from my diet.  I love it and it keeps my ice cream habit in check.

I don't eat ice cream anymore, but I do eat the frozen dairy-free desserts, which come close to real ice cream in some brands.  Even Ben & Jerry's has a line of frozen dairy-free desserts now.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

@LilacTree wrote:

I eat it mostly on my baked potatoes occasionally, even though it is dairy and I have eliminated most dairy from my diet.  I love it and it keeps my ice cream habit in check.

I don't eat ice cream anymore, but I do eat the frozen dairy-free desserts, which come close to real ice cream in some brands.  Even Ben & Jerry's has a line of frozen dairy-free desserts now.

Oh yes, on a baked potato, pepper,some steamed broccoli.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Valued Contributor

I love cottage cheese-small curd-one brand from Vermont-

cottage cheese and pears

cottage with tomato

cottage with onions

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes.  CC w/chopped fresh red pepper, jalapenos, and 1000 island, S&P to taste.

Also excellent with cukes/onions in vinegar, or fresh yellow crookneck squash with onions in vinegar.  Sweet onions.

Add:  chopped fresh globe basil or chopped fresh chives.  Man that is good.  Sweet marjoram works, too, especially if in the veg/onion marinade.  Oh - and mint!

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

I like it but it is full of sodium and I don't particularly like the salt reduced type. I used to eat it frequently but reduced my dairy consumption about ten years ago.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SchnauzerAndI wrote:

I enjoy a bowl of cottage cheese and fruit atleast once a week.

Me too, low-fat with pineapple tidbits.  It's an excellent source of protein also.