Respected Contributor

Re: Cottage cheese ~ yea or ???

I like small curd, fat-free CC.   In a restaurant once I had CC with strawberries.  Never had seen that before and it was yummy.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

I'm very picky.  I will eat only 1 brand and it has to be the right blend of cottage cheese and liquid.  I hate it when it's too thick.  I've tried pouring on a little milk but it changes the flavor.   When I buy, I've learned how to shake the container to tell how much liquid is in it.  

Respected Contributor

Cottage cheese and tomatoes!  Yum.  My mom used to pick us an ear of corn and cook it and serve it with cottage cheese and tomatoes almost every day in the summer.  We sat at the picnic table outside and ate.  Still a go-to dinner for me.

Honored Contributor

I love it too but only daisy brand..I like to eat mine with unsalted blue corn taco chips.

Respected Contributor

@dex wrote:

I love it too but only daisy brand..I like to eat mine with unsalted blue corn taco chips.

See I'm just the opposite as I love the saltiness with it. In fact I'm going to buy some today with fritos because I want that today!!! 

Honored Contributor

Yes, grew up with my dad loving it .

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

Cottage cheese and tomatoes!  Yum.  My mom used to pick us an ear of corn and cook it and serve it with cottage cheese and tomatoes almost every day in the summer.  We sat at the picnic table outside and ate.  Still a go-to dinner for me.

Growing up in Indiana, tomatoes,corn cottage cheese, and bacon sandwiches.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

Hubby loves cottage cheese he could eat it 24/7. Me on the other hand never touch the stuff, too sality but I do like ricotta

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Esteemed Contributor

I love it but I can't stand the really dry Michigan style or Michigan brand.

I can eat it plain or with fruit which is, most of the time, pineapple.  It's also good eaten together with applesauce.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Respected Contributor

I'll eat it every couple of years when I'm in the mood, but it must be very fresh, small curd, full fat, and have lots of freshly ground pepper. Then it's good. You can keep your large curds, fat-depleted, unseasoned curds of a questionable best-by date. IOW, I'd never touch it at a restaurant.

I remember some firm made a cottage cheese with bits of vegetables in it, like bell peppers. That was very refreshing. But generally it's not for me. It's not a very sexy food.