Valued Contributor

Re: Cottage cheese ~ yea or ???

Love cottage cheese on an avocado half sprinkled with garlic and/or Beau Monde or Penzey's Foxpoint.

There is no fun in doing nothing when you have nothing to do.
Esteemed Contributor

Cannot stand the stuff. Many years ago, John Belushi was asked what his last meal request would be if he were a condemned man. His answer...cottage cheese and pineapple...yeah, right. 

Honored Contributor

Yes, plain cottage cheese for me.

Respected Contributor

Yea, yea, yummy, yea!

( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Honored Contributor

I could not care less, but not in "Kitchen, "Wellness", "Recipes" maybe "Mom to Mom"?

I doubt that my consumption/non-consumption is of major interest to most communities, and bottom line is ALWAYS- some yea, some ???

Respected Contributor

I knew a kid whose mom always insisted she eat cottage cheese because the poor thing was very overweight but the problem was with the mother thinking it was a diet food. Not wanting her child to go hungry she would give her a huge bowlful and the child was only around 7 years old. The mom would also make a face on the cottage cheese with raisins. Very cute but it did not make her lose weight plus she was lactose intolerant which her mother didn't seem to care. Poor kid. 

Super Contributor

@violann wrote:

I doubt that my consumption/non-consumption is of major interest to most communities, and bottom line is ALWAYS- some yea, some ???

@violann

The common thread is the fact that we all have to eat!!!

♥chocolate lover ♦ audiobook junkie♥
Honored Contributor

@mollybgood wrote:

@violann wrote:

@violann

The common thread is the fact that we all have to eat!!!

Fair enough!

Respected Contributor

Yum.   Growing up I used to put a scoop in a half a cantelope for lunch.  Love it.  I don't keep it in the house a lot, but now I may have to go out and get a container.  I always use the  Low Fat or No Fat kind and eat with a little fruit.

Respected Contributor

If you really want a delicious treat eat your cottage cheese with fritos....dipping it into the cottage cheese. Oh my but that is good. I don't buy either very often because it is sooo good.