Not applicable

Re: Costco has instant coconut coffee now!

CAcafe coconut coffee products are not only delicious but so good for you too. There's only 6g of saturated fats per serving. Coconuts are no where near bad for you! They can boost metabolism and give you energy throughout the day that is natural, not to mention yummy. It is in the form of an instant coffee but it is not similar in taste whatsoever. You should check out their website at CAcafe.com.

Respected Contributor

On 12/30/2014 amwilson21 said:

CAcafe coconut coffee products are not only delicious but so good for you too. There's only 6g of saturated fats per serving. Coconuts are no where near bad for you! They can boost metabolism and give you energy throughout the day that is natural, not to mention yummy. It is in the form of an instant coffee but it is not similar in taste whatsoever. You should check out their website at CAcafe.com.

I know you're just a shill for this company, but this still really made me laugh. "Only" 6g of saturated fat in one serving of a drink? Is it a milkshake? {#emotions_dlg.lol} It made me curious so I looked it up. There's "only" 7 grams of saturated fat in one serving of eggnog {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

Trusted Contributor

On 12/30/2014 amwilson21 said:

What you are saying has no scientific proof to back it up -- Dr. Oz and junk science websites do not count.

Honored Contributor

On 11/9/2014 Persephonel said:
On 11/9/2014 HonnyBrown said:

Instant coffee? And coconut?

WHY!

it tastes really good And coconut is good for you , helps you lose weight.

Oh please! The only thing that helps one lose weight is exercise and healthy eating. That doesn't mean eating coconut. Terrible choice of "healthy" food.

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

No plant product has cholesterol. So if someone tries to tell you that, look at it. Is it a plant? Then it's not true. What they mean is coconut oil is "saturated" fat (it hardens at room temperature.) Back in the Fifties, the "experts" tried to tell everyone these fats were bad so they got everyone onto margarine, which turns out to be transfats and isn't good for you.

There is a good article on Mercola.com about oils and fats and coconut oil. Personally, whenever I see web articles touting the lastest miracle diet food (coconut, almond flour, hoodia, kale, green tea, green coffee beans, avocados) I shudder because the truth is, a balanced diet is best, no one food is good for everyone, what works for some people doesn't work for others, vegan diets are high in nuts and low in B12 and make some people actually sick while others thrive on it, and no food is a miracle food but the articles and supplements make some people a lot of money.

Honored Contributor

Sorry, but it sounds like a good way to ruin coffee.

Trusted Contributor

On 12/31/2014 Campion said:

No plant product has cholesterol. So if someone tries to tell you that, look at it. Is it a plant? Then it's not true. What they mean is coconut oil is "saturated" fat (it hardens at room temperature.) Back in the Fifties, the "experts" tried to tell everyone these fats were bad so they got everyone onto margarine, which turns out to be transfats and isn't good for you.

There is a good article on Mercola.com about oils and fats and coconut oil. Personally, whenever I see web articles touting the lastest miracle diet food (coconut, almond flour, hoodia, kale, green tea, green coffee beans, avocados) I shudder because the truth is, a balanced diet is best, no one food is good for everyone, what works for some people doesn't work for others, vegan diets are high in nuts and low in B12 and make some people actually sick while others thrive on it, and no food is a miracle food but the articles and supplements make some people a lot of money.

Mercola is a quack specializing in separating the scientifically ignorant from their money.

While some of what you said may be valid, to utilize this shill as a source is poor judgment at best,

Respected Contributor

On 12/31/2014 KYToby said:
On 12/31/2014 Campion said:

Mercola is a quack specializing in separating the scientifically ignorant from their money.

While some of what you said may be valid, to utilize this shill as a source is poor judgment at best,

What of what I wrote is erroneous?

I've actually met and talked with Dr. Mercola at length. He is sincere in what he does, though I do not agree with every opinion he holds. I do not view him as a "shill" --but he does sell things on his website. I find it a good source of information which, to be sure, you have to triangulate with other information.

Your accusing me of bad judgment is simply your opinion. You haven't supported it. I have supported my position.

Honored Contributor

Wow....impressed how everyone's getting educated w/ all this coconut coffee silliness!

Eat the way Nature intended....take for example, NUTS:

The Almond Industry touts to pop a handful in your mouth whenever you're hungry. Seconds to eat, large amount of fat & calories, and barely registering on the satiation register.

Nature intended these foods to be eaten sporadically. When do you see whole nuts in the grocery? Twice a year...Thanksgiving & Christmas. To sit down w/ a bowl of 20 whole nuts, without a nutcracker, it would take one a loooong time to eat those nuts. But you can throw back 20 almonds while driving down the road.

Eating the way Nature intended, you probably would've cracked open 3 nuts (if you're lucky), scraped the meat out & then threw up your hands up saying it's too much trouble!!! But that's what Nature wanted.

If one wants to put coconut in their coffee, buy a coconut, crack it open w/out cutting your hand off (!), scrape the meat out, grind it down to get a 1/18 pin drop of coconut oil...THEN put it in your coffee. Greater than zero chance, one won't do that because the process is...silly! That's the way Nature designed it...eating it sporadically.

As for Mercola, I question any medical professional that touts highly processed oil as 'healthy'. Zero nutrients, 100% fat, HIGHLY processed, minimal taste...what's the point? Oil just slows down the blood causing all sorts of medical issues.

If you want olive oil, eat olives; coconut oil, eat a coconut. It's so simple when you listen to Mother Nature...she's an amazing cook!