Honored Contributor

Costco free shipping policy?

I just ordered a 15.00 item from Costco and it is coming with no shipping charge.  I do have a membership, but is that enoujgh to get me free shipping without a minimum?  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Costco free shipping policy?

@depglass :  Costco frequently has free shipping but sometimes not, although it's inexpensive.

Super Contributor

@depglass wrote:

I just ordered a 15.00 item from Costco and it is coming with no shipping charge.  I do have a membership, but is that enoujgh to get me free shipping without a minimum?  

Many items ship free!  Costco is amazing!!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@depglass, there is no S&H charge on many of the items on Costco.com,  it's included in the cost of the item itself.  If there is a S&H charge, it's clearly indicated.  I wanted to post the link to the item, but figured it might be deleted by the mods. Below is an example that clearly indicates the charge: 

Apple Watch Series 3 GPS + Cellular with Pink Sand Sport Band - 38mm - Gold

Item  1197881

Model  MQJQ2LL/A

Member Only Item

Shipping & Handling: $4.99

Regular Contributor

I use Costco all the time.  Never paid for shipping although I think they charge for some larger items.  Very fast delivery.

Honored Contributor

@BeeweaverLast I read, their profit comes from our membership fees - I pay that fee more because I like some of their products and don't have to run from store to store to buy what I want.  I don't buy much quantity and probably don't really save enough money to cover my fee.   

Just be sure to check because like Amazon, Costco depends on us assuming their prices are always the best.  Sometimes they are.

Respected Contributor

Sometimes items are "shipping included". Meaning you pay a couple bucks more than you would pay in the warehouse for the same item 

Esteemed Contributor

Just using their GREAT coupons (which they send out monthly) saves u more than the membership fee. I also get a nice rebate from using my VISA card (thru Costco). Several weeks ago, I ordered lots of food/water from costco on-line (came to $325.) and it was delivered to my house - and the female delivery person put things on my kitchen counter - and carried in 2 large cases of water. I gave her a generous tip - and I didn't have to leave my house.

Two months ago, one of my neighbors posted on nextdoor dot com - that the local animal shelter needed towels. I ordered from costco on-line 1 set of white bath towels; 1 set of hand towels and 1 set of washcloths. My neighbor picked it up - and delivered to the shelter. 

So convenient!!!! I wouldn't have the energy to shop for all the items I purchase from Costco on-line. And - Quality Products, LOW PRICES, and great Customer Svce. I LOVE COSTCO.

Valued Contributor

most items at costco have free shipping. it's been that way for a long time. i don't think they have a minimum on products. once i looked at their food delivery & if memory serves me right, it was $75, but that was over a year ago, so i don't know if that policy has changed.