Respected Contributor
On 3/16/2014 NoelSeven said:
On 3/16/2014 cody said:
On 3/16/2014 cody said:
On 3/16/2014 tansy said: If anyone wants a Q-Tip, I'll share. I picked up a huge pack one day and my husband picked up one by mistake so we have a lifetime supply. Love that store although Costco is trying to figure out how to attract the millennial generation.

I will trade you a 1/2 a bale of printer paper for some Q-tips. We just finished the 2 pack that we bought back in 2004.

OMG, cody!

DH was thrilled when he found the two pack computer paper! It took us years to go through it, then he was thrilled by the idea of getting another. I almost wept at the thought.

My husband has a hard time reading from his computer screen so he prints everything out with large print, lol. He uses both sides though. Smile

Oh, I'm sorry he has a hard time with the computer screen. Could it be that the font is too small? You probably know already there are ways to adjust the size of the font.

I don't know exactly what the problem is. He wears bifocals and he said the reading part at the bottom and the part at the top for distance just don't work on the computer. So he got some computer glasses and he doesn't like those either. Soooo. Reams of paper it is.

Frequent Contributor
Not a member, yet.
Honored Contributor
On 3/16/2014 cody said:
On 3/16/2014 cody said:
On 3/16/2014 cody said:
On 3/16/2014 tansy said: If anyone wants a Q-Tip, I'll share. I picked up a huge pack one day and my husband picked up one by mistake so we have a lifetime supply. Love that store although Costco is trying to figure out how to attract the millennial generation.

I will trade you a 1/2 a bale of printer paper for some Q-tips. We just finished the 2 pack that we bought back in 2004.

OMG, cody!

DH was thrilled when he found the two pack computer paper! It took us years to go through it, then he was thrilled by the idea of getting another. I almost wept at the thought.

My husband has a hard time reading from his computer screen so he prints everything out with large print, lol. He uses both sides though. Smile

Oh, I'm sorry he has a hard time with the computer screen. Could it be that the font is too small? You probably know already there are ways to adjust the size of the font.

I don't know exactly what the problem is. He wears bifocals and he said the reading part at the bottom and the part at the top for distance just don't work on the computer. So he got some computer glasses and he doesn't like those either. Soooo. Reams of paper it is.

My eyes get dry from the computer. My optometrist suggested computer glasses but they didn't do anything for me, either. I had to take them off to see, LOL.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

Love Costco! I guess I don't have any 'stories', per se, but they sell good brands, good quality merchandise, and even their in-house brand (Kirkland) is outstanding.

I always found their Kirkland White Albacore in Water to be the very best canned tuna I've ever had. I don't use it often, so a packet of cans (it's like 8 or 10 in a unit I believe) lasts me more than a year. But when I want something like that, I much prefer their brand and don't buy the others anymore.

Way way back, I got a couple beautiful pieces of fine jewelry that I still love. One piece is a unique ruby and diamond gold ring. I don't even remember how much it cost, as it's been some 30 years ago, but it was irresistible and still among my favorite pieces.

Esteemed Contributor
Since DH and I are empty nesters I don't buy a lot of food items because the quantities are just too large but I love them for cleaners, paper products etc.
Respected Contributor
On 3/16/2014 cody said:
On 3/16/2014 cody said:
On 3/16/2014 cody said:

OMG, cody!

My eyes get dry from the computer. My optometrist suggested computer glasses but they didn't do anything for me, either. I had to take them off to see, LOL.

YES. Him too. I tried a pair of driving glasses at one time and they made me dizzy and nauseous when I looked at the gauges or the person with me in the car. Couldn't hack them, at all. Guess his puter glasses are like that.

Honored Contributor

Glad you found Costco wonderful. Love our Costco. DH makes the Costco runs for me.

Costco T.P. is rated #1 on the market. The secret is kept under wraps on the process of making Costco t.p.

Trusted Contributor

You're in the amateur ranks. LOL

My Costco membership expired a couple of weeks ago, and I'll let it stay that way for six months or so before I renew. Since I stocked up on trash bags, toilet paper and dish soap before hand, all is good.

I've found though that I need to buy from both Costco and Sam's Club. Sam's had the best digital camera that was over $50 cheaper than anything comparable at Costco. Costco will most likely have the 20" tv I want down the road, and Sam's cheese selection is better, both are great with wine, Sam's will have better prices on health, Costco on some beauty....neither one is complete all by itself.

Read it! New England Journal of Medicine—May 21, 2020
Universal Masking in Hospitals in the Covid-19 Era

“We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection.
Super Contributor

I'm really uncomfortable with the way Costco inspects all your bags and the receipt when you leave the store. That is why I do not shop there, I feel like they think I am a thief with no cause to think that. The guard says it is to be sure your prices were rung up correctly, but how the heck does the guard know all the prices? He did not say he was counting items and comparing the total on the receipt, he specifically said he was checking the prices. Do all Costco's have the exit inspection?

Valued Contributor
On 3/16/2014 redtabby said:

I'm really uncomfortable with the way Costco inspects all your bags and the receipt when you leave the store. That is why I do not shop there, I feel like they think I am a thief with no cause to think that. The guard says it is to be sure your prices were rung up correctly, but how the heck does the guard know all the prices? He did not say he was counting items and comparing the total on the receipt, he specifically said he was checking the prices. Do all Costco's have the exit inspection?

I doubt they are checking prices, they don't have bags, they just need to make sure no one is picking up anything extra, it does not bother me, it may help keep prices down. Sams does it too.