Honored Contributor

Costco Trip Today 2/03/21 Wednesday

[ Edited ]

Arrived about 10:30 AM. Not too busy...had everything I went for. Plenty of  TP and Paper Towels....and up to 5 per person  rather than  just one.  Panick buying seems to have ended. 

I wore my two masks...a KN95 and a then surgical mask on top....a bit harder to breathe, and hopefully less particles can get through all the layers.  Worth it.

Honored Contributor

Re: Costco Tip Today 2/03/21 Wednesday

@SeaMaiden My local Costco -- 10 minutes away -- has been well stocked for many months, I'm happy to see.

Honored Contributor

Re: Costco Trip Today 2/03/21 Wednesday

I wouldn't be able to breathe with a Kn95 and a surgical mask on.  It's easier for me to just avoid places with a lot of people.  I get my second vaccine shot on Feb 28 so three weeks after that, I'll feel safer venturing out a little more.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@chrystaltree wrote:

I wouldn't be able to breathe with a Kn95 and a surgical mask on.  It's easier for me to just avoid places with a lot of people.  I get my second vaccine shot on Feb 28 so three weeks after that, I'll feel safer venturing out a little more.  

That's my equation as well, @chrystaltree. We will, though, still need to mask up and physically distance.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Arrived about 10:30 AM. Not too busy...had everything I went for. Plenty of  TP and Paper Towels....and up to 5 per person  rather than  just one.  Panick buying seems to have ended. 

I wore my two masks...a KN95 and a then surgical mask on top....a bit harder to breathe, and hopefully less particles can get through all the layers.  Worth it.

@SeaMaiden I think a KN95 on it's own is enough- it filters  95% of incoming and outgoing to protect yourself and all others around you! 

Respected Contributor

I went to BJ's late last week to pick up a few perishables ahead of the snowstorm. This was the first time in months that I'd gone there outside of the senior hour. At about 10:30 am, there were more shoppers than during senior hour, but it wasn't too bad. They were fully stocked, with some limits on items like sanitizing wipes, but not on most items. I used self checkout and was home in less than an hour. I wore my regular mask.

Super Contributor

I was just at my local Sam's Club two days ago and there was plenty of their Member's Mark brand of sanitizing wipes on the shelf and also on an pallet at the end of the aisle. No limit on how many you could purchase which kinda surprised me. No Clorox brand though. 

Honored Contributor

@Ibby114 wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@SeaMaiden I think a KN95 on it's own is enough- it filters  95% of incoming and outgoing to protect yourself and all others around you! 

@Ibby114     I mostly was wearing the surgical mask over the KN95 to keep the KN95 cleaner.. so it would last longer... a suggestion made by a doctor... the surgical masks are cheap  and more disposible, and I can reuse the KN95 more times.

Honored Contributor

Costco is one of the few places I feel like I can truly socially distance at least 6 feet from others..it is such a large place, I just move around the outside aisles and avoid the main ones that are usually crowded. I ordered two boxes of KN95 masks today that one of my DDs recommended today...hooe they aren’t too hot...no way I could wear another one on top.
Honored Contributor

Our Costco has been fully stocked with everything except Clorox wipes...or any kind of wipes other than baby wipes...since May. I don’t feel compelled to stock up on anything in huge amounts. When I go to Kroger I pick up a box of their brand of facial tissue...the big oblong box...lasts a long time with 160 sheets and it is usually $1...I now have a good stock of them since I buy one or two each trip. I think we are stocked well enough for any type of lockdown, but I think we are almost turning the corner...an answer to many prayers.