Esteemed Contributor

Costco Shoppers Who Wear Their Heat Shirts

I was in our local Costco today and they are carrying the heat jackets for 19.99.  Thin but very warm down that is the responsible down standard.  Colors were wine, navy, grey, and black.  I picked up two because I am always cold and these will be perfect to wear on my winter walks.  They are actually thin enough that I could wear them at the beginning of my workouts at the Y.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

Re: Costco Shoppers Who Wear Their Heat Shirts

@SXMGirl wrote:

I was in our local Costco today and they are carrying the heat jackets for 19.99.  Thin but very warm down that is the responsible down standard.  Colors were wine, navy, grey, and black.  I picked up two because I am always cold and these will be perfect to wear on my winter walks.  They are actually thin enough that I could wear them at the beginning of my workouts at the Y.

Hi @SXMGirl

I haven't seen those before.  Do they have them for men?

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Noel7, they have heat shirts for men; however, I looked for the men's jackets today, and they did not have them.  The heat shirts usually have a coupon at the beginning of the season; unfortunately, the coupons seem to be few and far between this year.  Must be the Tiffany payout.

Honored Contributor

What is the "responsible down standard". 

Honored Contributor

@SXMGirl wrote:

@Noel7, they have heat shirts for men; however, I looked for the men's jackets today, and they did not have them.  The heat shirts usually have a coupon at the beginning of the season; unfortunately, the coupons seem to be few and far between this year.  Must be the Tiffany payout.

Thank you @SXMGirl !   

I will look for one.

Honored Contributor

What Is a heat jacket? I've never heard that term before.  Are they like Lands End Primaloft jackets?

I have seen knocks off there of these LE jackets a few weeks ago.  They were nice and the price was great, but I already have four Primaloft jackets from Lands End, plus I wear  a petite size. Which is  difficult to find.

Esteemed Contributor

@Carmie, the heat shirt is a light-weight tee shirt that holds in body heat,  I wear one almost every day in the winter.  I am always cold, even when working out, so a heat shirt really helps to keep me warm.  Even DH wears one in really cold climates or on really cold days here.   We always seem to find ourselves in Michigan during the winter, and they are a big help.  

These coats are short and weigh nothing.  I am hoping that they do the trick for winter.

@occasionalrain, the Responsible Down Standard ensures that down and feathers come from ducks and geese that have been treated well. This means enabling them to live healthy lives, express innate behaviors, and not suffer from pain, fear or distress. The standard also follows the chain of custody from farm to product, so consumers can be confident that the down and feathers in the products they choose are truly RDS.

Honored Contributor

They are life changers for me! I sure hope if you got one you love it. I find they run small in most sizes so if you can try one on, you can then buy on line.

I have 3 colors, and 2 of mine cost $14.95 each.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SXMGirl. Thank you for the information,  I'll have to look for them.

i buy 32 degree t-shirts and the matching pants there at Costco which thin and  are for cold weather, but never saw  something called a heat shirt made with down.

i'll to check them out.  Thanks.

update

i stopped in to Costco and found the heat shirts and jackets.  I call them 32 degree items, and purchased some shirts and pants last year for my DH, DD and grandkids.  At the end of the season, I purchased a few more when they were almost giving them away.

Last year, they had a ton of S and XS left, the larger sizes were gone.  Everyone loved them, but my DH wasn't a fan,  he wore his once, then proclaimed they were not for him.

The  jackets have been in our local Costco for at least a month or more.  They are priced right and look like a good value for $20.

i have the Land's End Primaloft that are the same type of jacket, but compared to Lands End, the 32 degree Heat jackets were under par.  They would be great for knocking around, but the quality was not the same...not even close.  

Since I have four Primaloft jackets, I don't need another one.  I paid around $30 to $35 for the Primaloft jackets on sale and they had petite sizes, so my sleeves are not too long.

They have great wool blend boot socks.  I bought some last year and love them.  They will go on sale and I'll be back to get some more.  They also have the Carole Hochman sleep socks again.  They are nice and I will buy some more when they are on sale too.

Anyway, the Christmas stuff is coming in and it looked nice.  I didn't buy any seasonal things, but I still spent too much money.

I love that store.

Esteemed Contributor

I am guessing that heat shirts are like light weight thermal shirts.