Honored Contributor

@Hooty wrote:

@judy0330, our membership expired in April, as of this date, we have yet to renew, plus my husband and I both misplaced our cards, do you think we would qualify?  Thanks!

@Hooty

I would call your local Costco and ask for a Customer Service supervisor to approve your request. 

I hope they will honor the deal. 

((Hugs dear friend))

Respected Contributor

@tipsy wrote: You get 2 cards but the other person needs to live with you.  Last year after my husband passed away I wanted to transfer his membership to my son but since my son doesn't live with me they wouldn't do it.  

----------------------------

Oh, then you are not splitting the membership fee with anyone -- like a friend or relative. That makes me think twice about it.

Valued Contributor

@SaRina wrote:

@tipsy wrote: You get 2 cards but the other person needs to live with you.  Last year after my husband passed away I wanted to transfer his membership to my son but since my son doesn't live with me they wouldn't do it.  

----------------------------

Oh, then you are not splitting the membership fee with anyone -- like a friend or relative. That makes me think twice about it.

Correct!  But maybe you could try it out for a year anyway & see how you like it..  I get all kinds of stuff there...sheets, blankets, dog food, etc..& it's especially great during the holiday season!

Respected Contributor

Re: Costco Membership Deal

[ Edited ]

Call me confused -- I finally had a chance to investigate. I found the same page that @noodleann first found on Groupon. I entered my email address and hit "Subscribe". Nothing has happened.

ETA: Okay, I think I found the right page, lol. You have to purchase the membership through Groupon. Correct? Then you go to the Costco site with the info Groupon gives you.

But...... at the Costco site, a Gold Membership is already listed as $60...... so where is the big (72%) savings? The only extras that Groupon gives are a second card and some coupons.

Honored Contributor

I was just on the Groupon site to order something and saw this deal and was contemplating it. 

For anyone that buys a live x-mas tree, I have a relative who has bought her live tree from Costco for the past several years and they are fabulous.  

Also, Mr. Rebates has 6% back on Groupon.  Not sure what the other rebate sites do.

Honored Contributor

@Hooty

Kind friend, 

Were you able to find out if you could get your membership renewed?

Hugs 🦋

Honored Contributor

@butterfly123, didn't get to go this weekend, but that's ok, I'll renew soon, but I did sign-up for Groupon!

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Re: Costco Membership Deal

[ Edited ]

@SaRina

Costco cash card $20

paper towels $16

pizza $10

flavored water $10

$25 off an order of $250 at Costco.com

$75 Costco cash card to be used towards travel

$60 on year Costco card

= $215

@SaRina wrote:

@Call me confused -- I finally had a chance to investigate. I found the same page that @noodleann first found on Groupon. I entered my email address and hit "Subscribe". Nothing has happened.

ETA: Okay, I think I found the right page, lol. You have to purchase the membership through Groupon. Correct? Then you go to the Costco site with the info Groupon gives you.

But...... at the Costco site, a Gold Membership is already listed as $60...... so where is the big (72%) savings? The only extras that Groupon gives are a second card and some coupons.