Esteemed Contributor

Re: Cosby Update....California Press Conference & Ontario Performance

On 1/7/2015 RetRN said:

He is one sick dude, drugging and raping women and pretending to be an outstanding citizen.

Yuk!! He will never be charged or see prison but he has to live with what he did. His wife is pathetic acting like it never happened.

I sooo agree with you! The gall it takes for him to continue to have appearances as if nothing has happened. Thats speaks volumes to me! He's a narcissist and they feel entitled and above the law..as for his wife..she lives is denial..Who would want to stay with a serial rapist?? According to some of the women, his wife was nearby at the time they were assaulted! I DO think his career is over..!

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Honored Contributor

On 1/8/2015 Irshgrl31201 said:

I don't think he was saying that it had anything to do with this. Another poster asked who would make this up and he was simply pointing out the instances where it was indeed made up. While I don't believe this particular case is at all, I know there have been cases where it was and to me that is horrible and frightening. I think the people who make up stories like this should serve jail time.

Understood, he is comparing children to grown women. I stand by what I said......there's no comparison, unless one is a dedicated 'doubter' imho.

Esteemed Contributor

On 1/8/2015 bikerbabe said: I'll wager Cosby has assistants who worked for him over the years who know the truth.

I'm sure I read that, I believe it was a playboy bunny..seems he spent alot of time there at the Playboy mansion. I think there were others he promised a role on his show..Beverly Johnson mentioned that!

http://www.christianpost.com/news/beverly-johnson-reveals-impact-of-speaking-out-against-bill-cosby-...

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Honored Contributor

Emmy, I think investigators are reviewing tapes from the Manor, supposedly Hugh had security recordings covering the entire property.

Esteemed Contributor

On 1/8/2015 SydneyH said:
On 1/8/2015 Irshgrl31201 said:

I don't think he was saying that it had anything to do with this. Another poster asked who would make this up and he was simply pointing out the instances where it was indeed made up. While I don't believe this particular case is at all, I know there have been cases where it was and to me that is horrible and frightening. I think the people who make up stories like this should serve jail time.

Understood, he is comparing children to grown women. I stand by what I said......there's no comparison, unless one is a dedicated 'doubter' imho.

Hey Sydney, I don't think he was comparing at all as much as he was answering the question as to who would lie about something like that. Someone on this board said who would lie about this (and I agree it is hard to imagine who would lie about something so serious) and he was simply saying there are people who lie about this. I don't think he meant so much that the children lied so much as they were coached by adults to lie. So there are people who do lie. He was simply answering her question as to who would lie to ruin someones life. There are those people out there and that is hard for me to believe also. I saw a story about a girl who accused a high school football player who was going to get drafted by the NFL. SHe accused him, he went to jail and he later taped her admitting she lied. He is out of jail now and tried out for an NFL team. I don't know if he made it but he was completely innocent and spent time in jail because of a lie.

Now I certainly don't think these girls are lying at all but I took his answer as just showing there are people who lie. While I do believe the women accusing him I can also understand why many would question it or be confused on what to think because it has been so long. I think there are just too many women who seem very trustworthy. Michelle Hurd, Beverly Johnson and Lou Ferrignos wife are 3 who have absolutely nothing to gain and as a matter of fact have even more to lose by coming forward.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Super Contributor

On 1/8/2015 gardenman said:

There are people who make this stuff up and there are quite a few of them. Several studies have been done and one (Rumney in 2006) suggests that 10%-50% of rape allegations are false. An earlier study done by Kanin in 1994 suggested that 40% of rape allegations were false. A study by Stewart in 1981 suggested that as many as 90% were false.

Seems all these "studies" just don't hold water. 10%-50%??? That's quite a spread.

90%? How did Stewart arrive at that conclusion? 1981 was a long time ago, too.