Honored Contributor

Re: Coroner confirms it's Gabby, Cause of Death Homicide

The FBI got involved because Grand Teton is federal land and it's the FBI who has jurisdiction over it re crimes.

Honored Contributor

At the risk of being accused a know it all or BB police, I need to tell the OP that the cause has not been reported yet, so the title is misleading. Homicide is the manner of death, the cause would be stabbed, gunshot, strangled...I mention this so, if possible, it can changed so we don't open it thinking there's new information.

I apologize if it seems a criticism, it's not meant to be, just an fyi.

Valued Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I heard that she might have been pregnant. 

I pray this is just a rumor, but...

If it's true, then add that to "Motive" in my book - If she had a baby, then HE wouldn't be the center of her world any more. 

Honored Contributor

Report of dive teams been sent into the swamp area.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@occasionalrain wrote:

At the risk of being accused a know it all or BB police, I need to tell the OP that the cause has not been reported yet, so the title is misleading. Homicide is the manner of death, the cause would be stabbed, gunshot, strangled...I mention this so, if possible, it can changed so we don't open it thinking there's new information.

I apologize if it seems a criticism, it's not meant to be, just an fyi.

@occasionalrain 

Good catch and no offense taken, that was the actual title of the news article that I copied here and I didn't notice that they worded it wrong. I'll try to edit it now.

What is the Difference Between Cause of Death and Manner of Death?

The cause of death is the specific injury or disease that leads to death.

The manner of death is the determination of how the injury or disease leads to death.  There are five manners of death (natural, accident, suicide, homicide, and undetermined).

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Thank you,

I'm relieved and pleased that you weren't offended. I never want to offend or embarrass anyone. 

Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain 

Heart

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

I'm glad to see the 'cause' and 'manner of death' thing explained.  Smiley Happy   A lot of folks don't know the difference.

If they did determine manner of death to be homicide, then they must know the cause of death by now.

Honored Contributor

Re: Coroner confirms it's Gabby, Manner of Death Homicide

Do you think Laundrie killed himself?

It's nearly impossible to hide in the swamp where they are searching. If he is alive, the swamp is probably not where he is. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Coroner confirms it's Gabby, Manner of Death Homicide

@Mindy D wrote:

Do you think Laundrie killed himself?

It's nearly impossible to hide in the swamp where they are searching. If he is alive, the swamp is probably not where he is. 

No, I think he is a self-preservationist. I will be very surprised if, in fact, he takes his own life. It does not fit with his behavior so far.