Reply
Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 17,739
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

People need to be cautious but to remain calm. Every time a new disease is on the horizon it seems that it is sensationalized ,to the point of  really making some terrified. Remember how terrified people were about Aids, and Ebola?

 

In the first place ,you can't do a thing about it, so it is better not to upset yourself over things beyond your control, that might not happen. In the second place, if it does happen ,we will all have to deal with it.

 

 

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,704
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Not only ebola, but I remember the uproar on this forum about SARS. Some were so afraid.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,022
Registered: ‎02-02-2015

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@snoop wrote:

The screening is imperfect.  


It is imperfect by nature, @snoop, since one can be incubating the virus before showing any symptoms.

 

I think that the danger is very low for us here.


That is my point.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,571
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Coronavirus

[ Edited ]

A possible case is being investigated in NC.  The person involved recently traveled to China and passed thru Wuhan City.   Coming home, they flew into the Raleigh Durham Airport on Thursday.  The person had respiratory symptoms and is in good condition and is in isolation at Duke University Hospital in Durham, NC.  

 

This is scary, I am hoping that the disease is contained in China and will not spread anywhere.  There are a lot of countries that do not have the medical personnel or facilities that we have in the US.  Also places that could not afford to get help if they need it..

Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 14,828
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

@Sushismom wrote:

Not only ebola, but I remember the uproar on this forum about SARS. Some were so afraid.


No reason not to be somewhat afraid...no cures or treatments for those.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,022
Registered: ‎02-02-2015

@KatieB wrote:

A possible case is being investigated in NC.  The person involved recently traveled to China and passed thru Wuhan City.   Coming home, they flew into the Raleigh Durham Airport on Thursday.  The person had respiratory symptoms and is in good condition and is in isolation at Duke University Hospital in Durham, NC.  

 

This is scary, I am hoping that the disease is contained in China and will not spread anywhere.  There are a lot of countries that do not have the medical personnel or facilities that we have in the US.  Also places that could not afford to get help if they need it..


NY may have 3 suspected cases.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,704
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

@Whatnow wrote:


No reason not to be somewhat afraid...no cures or treatments for those.


Being somewhat afraid is different than being VERY afraid.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 15,957
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Slightly off topic, but I'm pretty sure the photo of the twenty-plus excavators digging isn't an organized construction project. I don't know what they're doing, but it's not anything constructive. That many excavators in that small a space are useless. 

 

Back on topic, there's always some new virus that will kill us all, but doesn't. (At least not yet anyway.) It pays to always wash your hands and try to avoid obviously sick people, but by and large these things tend to be self-limiting. They'll flare up, zip along for a bit, then die out. Unless you're very unlucky, you'll likely be fine.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Highlighted
Regular Contributor
Posts: 171
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

My anxiety and depression is bad right now and I certainly do not need another thing to worry over. I consume so little news as it is right now but it looks like I am going to have to further restrict what I view as this is all over social media. I did not need to see or hear about people eating bats and twitter is full of it right now. And the tiny bit of news coverage I have seen on this...is already over the top.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 11,057
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

I know it does worry people, but i think we need to be aware of this,wish we could stop travel to ,and from China.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.