Highlighted
Honored Contributor

This type of thing scare me so much.  When you are older, have a compromised immune system and lung issues to begin with, the thought of this just terrifies you.  I wish they could/would ban travel from these areas to U.S. while this stuff is going on.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

I think you can be contagious before showing symptoms, so the airport screening isn’t as good as one would like.

Honored Contributor

From WebMD:

Typically, you're contagious from 1 day before you have any symptoms. You stay that way for 5 to 7 days after you start feeling sick. Kids and people may be able to spread the virus for even longer, until all of their symptoms fade.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

glad to see the CDC jump right on this aggressively.

Respected Contributor

Re: Coronavirus

[ Edited ]

@goldensrbest wrote:

@lovesrecess wrote:

As my mother used to say..wash your hands!! My 
grand’s pediatrician gave very good advice regarding flu season..,wipe down your steering wheel, outside doorknobs once you get home, I think it is a very good idea. Just think of the germs you may be bringing into your car and into your home after being just about anywhere.
I hope the current health scare with the coronavirus is eradicated soon. Quite scary of it were to spread.

I do that all the time.

As a cancer survivor (9 years), prior to treatment the oncologist said if I took nothing from that visit to please remember - faithfully wash my hands bc sepsis would take me much faster than the cancer probably ever would.  

He went on to tell me that it is a practice best faithfully continued even once treatment was over bc it is the best defense against flu and other health issues.  

Respected Contributor

Re: Coronavirus

[ Edited ]

While the virus originated in China, cases have also been reported in Thailand, Taiwan, Japan, South Korea, and now the United States. China has identified more than 500 cases. At least 17 people in China have died from the illness.

The CDC has deployed about 100 workers to screen passengers at the three major ports of airline entry in the U.S.: New York, Los Angeles, and San Francisco. Approximately 5,000 passengers from Wuhan are expected to pass through those airports in the coming weeks. The CDC announced Tuesday that it will also start screening at Atlanta's international airport and O'Hare International Airport in Chicago.

~cbsnews

I stay away from crowds, restaurants, airports, ......

I'm a little like...

Image result for "Mr. Monk and the Candidate"

Honored Contributor
FYI
There is no vaccine for this strain of Coronavirus.
Esteemed Contributor

Wuhan has shut down all outbound flights and trains.  Trying to contain the spread.

Respected Contributor

I read on Healthline that those who wore even a regular mask AND practiced hand hygiene reduced their risk of flu-like illness by 75%.

Respected Contributor

Chinese have locked down several more cities to try to stop spread during New Year travel time.