Esteemed Contributor

Re: Coronavirus: "Come for the misinformation, stay for the facts."

@sidsmom wrote:

Talk about a 'fringey' website.

😬

Appears its a fresh, new website & it's purpose seems to be unclear.

It's from Canada...and speaks the academia world, more than anything.

I felt like it's so vague it was somehow tracking me.

I'll stick to my CNN & Dr. Sanjay Gupta, thank you.

@sidsmom,  yes it is new but so is the virus.  Perhaps this will clarify its purpose and you will reassess your "fringey website" opinion.

The COVID19MisInfo Portal is a rapid response project of the Ryerson Social Media Lab at Ted Rogers School of Management. The project is funded by the Government of Canada via the Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR). The aim of this project is two-fold: (1) put a spotlight on COVID-19 related misinformation and (2) to provide Canadians with timely and actionable information that we all can use to protect ourselves and our communities. #flattenthecurve

The Portal is a work in progress. Our team of computational social scientists, communications professionals and developers are hard at work curating trusted information about COVID-19 and developing additional real-time information visualization dashboards to keep track of false claims related to COVID-19 from around the web.

https://covid19misinfo.org/about-page/

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

Re: Coronavirus: "Come for the misinformation, stay for the facts."

@Marp wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

Talk about a 'fringey' website.

😬

Appears its a fresh, new website & it's purpose seems to be unclear.

It's from Canada...and speaks the academia world, more than anything.

I felt like it's so vague it was somehow tracking me.

I'll stick to my CNN & Dr. Sanjay Gupta, thank you.

@sidsmom,  yes it is new but so is the virus.  Perhaps this will clarify its purpose and you will reassess your "fringey website" opinion.

The COVID19MisInfo Portal is a rapid response project of the Ryerson Social Media Lab at Ted Rogers School of Management. The project is funded by the Government of Canada via the Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR). The aim of this project is two-fold: (1) put a spotlight on COVID-19 related misinformation and (2) to provide Canadians with timely and actionable information that we all can use to protect ourselves and our communities. #flattenthecurve

The Portal is a work in progress. Our team of computational social scientists, communications professionals and developers are hard at work curating trusted information about COVID-19 and developing additional real-time information visualization dashboards to keep track of false claims related to COVID-19 from around the web.

https://covid19misinfo.org/about-page/

No, I stand by my 'fringey website' opinion.

We have some amazing sources of info continually reporting

facts/statistics for the last month/half. 
No reason to re-invent 
the wheel w/ just regurgitated information.

Here in the States...we're way ahead of it.

But Canada?  You Do You.