Honored Contributor

@bikerbabe wrote:
There is an interesting interview with a cruise virus patient I think I found on nbc but you can google. Poor guy has been in isolation now for a month. He’s doing well but needs negative tests 3 days in a row to get released. Anyway, his first symptom was a 103° fever that came out of nowhere. No congestion no fatigue. Just sudden onset fever. He said he literally had no fever one minute in a high fever the next. He’s getting experimental antivirals and also agreed to test when vaccine is ready.

@bikerbabe, is this the guy that was on Grand Princess which was the first cruise ship quarantined?  I heard one of those from that ship that tested positive was still not released.  

Trusted Contributor

@Westshopper If I had contact with someone who had been in or had contact with someone in that nursing home, then didn't feel well, I would also be concerned.  However, because you mention the sniffles, I would suspect a cold.  I think they say it's not like a cold.  But you are in an area where you can probably get help figuring it out.  

BTW, because someone is concerned or angry about a potential exposure, it doesn't mean they are panicking.  Because someone decides not to travel, it doesn't mean they are living their lives in fear.  

Super Contributor

Sorry my post didn't make sense to some the man is a co workers father in law not mine. I do not live with them.

I'm now getting conflicting stories from my boss a male and another co-worker male,  different than the female co-worker who as I said is having surgery. She told the male co-worker that her  FIL.  Had been in the nursing home my boss said it was the hospital not the nursing home. I called out to where the  female co-workers husband works and ask if he was there to call me or place of work to find out the facts. Apparently the FIL was in the nursing home 2 weeks before it hit the US so I'm feeling better about the situation. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Tadaki wrote:

@Westshopper If I had contact with someone who had been in or had contact with someone in that nursing home, then didn't feel well, I would also be concerned.  However, because you mention the sniffles, I would suspect a cold.  I think they say it's not like a cold.  But you are in an area where you can probably get help figuring it out.  

BTW, because someone is concerned or angry about a potential exposure, it doesn't mean they are panicking.  Because someone decides not to travel, it doesn't mean they are living their lives in fear.  

There's at least one troll on this board who thinks if you report something you have to be in a panic and enjoying it.  

Honored Contributor

@Westshopper wrote:

Sorry my post didn't make sense to some the man is a co workers father in law not mine. I do not live with them.

I'm now getting conflicting stories from my boss a male and another co-worker male,  different than the female co-worker who as I said is having surgery. She told the male co-worker that her  FIL.  Had been in the nursing home my boss said it was the hospital not the nursing home. I called out to where the  female co-workers husband works and ask if he was there to call me or place of work to find out the facts. Apparently the FIL was in the nursing home 2 weeks before it hit the US so I'm feeling better about the situation. 

@Westshopper   I understood your post perfectly but I'm still trying to figure out now about all this gossip going back and forth between your co-worker, the boss, another male co-worker and you calling your co-workers husband.

Your co-worker can discuss her FIL all she wants (although I find it tacky) but I think you went above and beyond being concerned to taking this whole situation into the stratosphere.

I really thought, by the title of your thread, that the coronavirus had hit you personally.  I'm glad it didn't, for sure, but this story read somewhat strange.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Esteemed Contributor

@Westshopper wrote:

Hi @Westshopper I hope you are feeling better.  If you have cold or flu like symptoms you should stay home until you feel better, then wait one more day to be sure.  They won't test anyone for corona virus unless they are really sick, as in a life threatening way.  You don't know that you are getting correct information, and these people are not under any obligation to tell you anything, so there is no point in asking.  I would keep my distance from anyone who has sick relatives at home.  Best to you!

Esteemed Contributor

@RainCityWoman you don't say who gave you that information, but I it is incorrect.  Another poster said the same.  You may want to delete your post so that people looking for information are not misled.

Super Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

Lots of people are sick this time of year.  Colds, flu etc why the panic.  If you fell sick stay home or go to the doctor.  Your answer will not be found on a shopping channel message board.

What at is that old saying....

”If you can’t say anything nice

then say nothing at all.”

Esteemed Contributor

@Westshopper wrote:

@Westshopper - I'd call the hot line set up in each state with any questions.  Many physicians are not equipped to answer all questions about this virus.  If you are unwell, I'd stay at home 

Esteemed Contributor

@RainCityWoman wrote:

Not sure I am allowed to post this, but I received this in my email this morning as a guideline: You can choose to accept it or not. 

THE SYMPTOMS

1. It will first infect the throat, so you'll have a sore throat lasting 3/4 days

2. The virus then blends into a nasal fluid that enters the trachea and then the lungs, causing pneumonia. This takes about 5/6 days further.

3. With pneumonia comes high fever and difficulty in breathing.

4. The nasal congestion is not like the normal kind. You feel like you're drowning. It's imperative you then seek immediate attention.

I saw this last week.  Several doctors jumped right on it, and said it's incorrect.

You clearly were well-intentioned, but I think we have to be careful about spreading information unless we are sure that it's accurate.  False information can be dangerous and can also cause unnecessary panic.