Respected Contributor

Re: 😆 Coronavirus & so called celebs 😆

@ritasNo1Fan wrote:

@Starpolisher wrote:

I'm tired of Gabrielle Union and her natural hair! I don't  understand why this is newsworthy!🤔

It's good to know that I am not the only one that feels the same about HER.  She was not so great as judge on AGT.  It looked like she reallly had knives out for Julie Hough, with those ugly side looks.

I don't feel anyway about her. I've never seen AGT. I don't watch any prime time shows. I don't follow nor understand the fascination some people have with following celebrities. But like @Diva onThe Q said, "Seems everytime I browse any news feed, she's there...with a story about her hair!?!?"

Being multiracial, I get it about wearing natural hair. I just dont get why it's newsworthy!

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Honored Contributor

They are people.  They have the same fears and many of the same problems as everyone else. They get sick, they feel pain, and they have a need to be loved just like the rest of  humanity.  Money and fame cannot protect them from everything and they know it.  I remind myself that God loves them just as much as he does me and everyone here.  This is why, whether we are fond (or not) of another person, it's good for them and good for us (emotionally and physically) to wish them well.

Respected Contributor

So happy that I am not the only one who finds the Facebook postings of  high school senior pictures from the 60's, 70's etc. with the caption  "in support of the class of 2020." obnoxious. Please, how is posting an old senior year picture of oneself supporting the class of 2020 and making them feel better? It is nothing more than insatiable need for attention, and to have people tell them how beautiful or handsome they were. Talk about making the pain of others all about themselves. 

Respected Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@haddon9 

I agree with you and purposely avoid looking at or reading about these attention starved people.  If they are helping/donating, good for them.  Do it and shut up about it. 

Last night, my nurse sister sent me a picture of her garbed to go on duty for her patients...all on vents....all fighting for their lives. 

She looked like she was getting ready to walk on the moon.  She is 73 with asthma, yet she is battling to save the lives of strangers every day.  She tells me they are running low on body bags.

She, and others like her, are the real stars in all of this.

@Witchy WomanBless your dear sister and all who serve & care for the sick!!!!! Heart

Esteemed Contributor

@Puppy Lips wrote:

@heart of savino wrote:

I beleive ryan seaquest complained why he is not getting his 1200 stimulus check...

Seriously?  If that is true, that is some nerve.  Never liked him anyway.

Based on the fact he's donated $1 million to relief efforts my guess is he was joking.

Respected Contributor

@jubilant wrote:

They are people.  They have the same fears and many of the same problems as everyone else. They get sick, they feel pain, and they have a need to be loved just like the rest of  humanity.  Money and fame cannot protect them from everything and they know it.  I remind myself that God loves them just as much as he does me and everyone here.  This is why, whether we are fond (or not) of another person, it's good for them and good for us (emotionally and physically) to wish them well.

Yes, but having "enough" money can make a world of difference in how we perceive and handle problems.😉

-Kahlil Gibran
Respected Contributor

@50Mickey wrote:

So happy that I am not the only one who finds the Facebook postings of  high school senior pictures from the 60's, 70's etc. with the caption  "in support of the class of 2020." obnoxious. Please, how is posting an old senior year picture of oneself supporting the class of 2020 and making them feel better? It is nothing more than insatiable need for attention, and to have people tell them how beautiful or handsome they were. Talk about making the pain of others all about themselves. 

I agree. Facebook is just an "Echo Chamber."

-Kahlil Gibran
Honored Contributor

@Starpolisher wrote:

@jubilant wrote:

Yes, but having "enough" money can make a world of difference in how we perceive and handle problems.😉

Yes, that is true. Knowing you have enough money to put food on the table and pay your bills would relieve a lot of worry and stress. I also imagine that they get some relief for their fears much like we do in trying to go on with their lives in a way that feels nomal to them. 

Honored Contributor

@jubilant wrote:

Shoekitty said.   I agree, although I sure in my visits with God, he said he loves me best.  Lol

Honored Contributor

@jubilant wrote:

@jubilant  .....very well stated.

it really is as "simple" as that!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein