Honored Contributor

Re: 😆 Coronavirus & so called celebs 😆

[ Edited ]

I am n ot someone that is awed by clebrities but I think it is just great that there are many shows done from their homes and, yes, in spite of their celebrity they just as prone to this virus as everyone else and are actually sheltering in place and not whining like so many here are that they can't get their hair or nails done and are so bored so they just go out when not necessary. etc. They are providing much needed entertainment and comic relief and I am enjoying it.  Those who like to put them down because they have worked hard to achieve their succcess know they do not have what it takes to do this or just do not want that life but still begrudge others that fame!!!   They are now facing the same issues as most with home schooling, cooking, cleaning, being bored, etc. and their lives are actually are probably way more drastically affected by this.  The big thing is that those I have seen are actually making huge monetary donations to help wherever they can also.  How many that complain about them have given   anything proportonate to their income to help causes now???  Many cannot but many are not affected much and still receiving the same money and some are still employed.  I applaud them and welcome any public interaction whether on tv or online.  No one who has such disdain for celebrities needs to ever watch them and all have the choice to ignore.  It appears that those with the most complaints about them are watching every detail instead!!

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac ..........OOOOhhhh you are brave posting anything negative about celebs.  I did a while back and got beaten to bloody pulp.  There are many celeb worshipers here.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Esteemed Contributor

It is very generous for the celebrities to contribute money to the cause. But they can entertain without the “whoa is me” attitude when clearly they have it so much better than the majority of people. Sure they worked hard for it. But some people may lose everything and they are scared. What is just a minor inconvenience to some is devastating to others.
Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@haddon9 

I agree with you and purposely avoid looking at or reading about these attention starved people.  If they are helping/donating, good for them.  Do it and shut up about it. 

Last night, my nurse sister sent me a picture of her garbed to go on duty for her patients...all on vents....all fighting for their lives. 

She looked like she was getting ready to walk on the moon.  She is 73 with asthma, yet she is battling to save the lives of strangers every day.  She tells me they are running low on body bags.

She, and others like her, are the real stars in all of this.

Respected Contributor

While I enjoy John Legend,  weeks ago he was talking about renting  Private Beach House so his kids had something to do while being quarantined.  I thought Wow, I guess if you have money this is how you cope and keep your Kids entertained?

Contributor

Paula Froelich, a New York Post columnist, penned this article. 

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for posting this @Mz iMac.  I had not read or heard about a single thing/person in the article you posted.  Guess I just don't frequent the places where I would be exposed to this kind of information.

I've been wondering what I've missed with the news and online sites I visit concentrating on the pandemic and covering very little else.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

@Pook This thread is not about those celebrities who entertain and contribute but instead those who complain at how hard they have it when they are surrounded by the comfort of their luxurious homes and need constant recognition....big difference.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lucky Dog  Rihanna´s dad just recovered from the virus. I´m sure he will donate it to a hospital in Barbados.

Honored Contributor

@haddon9 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️Southern Bee