Respected Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

This is an old Weight Watchers trick and everyone I've mentioned it to has loveed it.  Rather than putting any butter on (too many calories), sprinkle parmesean cheese on it (or roll it on some if you put some on a plate first). It doesn't take much to make it very flavorful. When I showed this trick to my sister, she said it tasted like cheddar cheese corn.  It's really good that way, and no salt needed either - the parm cheese gives it the little zip of salt that shaking on salt would..  

Lots of butter and salt for me.  No parmesean cheese.  Smells and tastes like vomit to me.  It is one of the few cheeses that I don't like.  Oh, and typewriter style for me too.

Esteemed Contributor

I probably eat it the type writer method.

We just got a bunch of corn from our CSA and it is the best corn I have ever had. We pretty much have just been eating it Mexican style with chili powder, cojita cheese, cilantro and lime. Oh my it is so good. My husband made a whole bunch tonight on the grill. I had 4 pieces already!

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Esteemed Contributor

@Bridgegal wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

This is an old Weight Watchers trick and everyone I've mentioned it to has loveed it.  Rather than putting any butter on (too many calories), sprinkle parmesean cheese on it (or roll it on some if you put some on a plate first). It doesn't take much to make it very flavorful. When I showed this trick to my sister, she said it tasted like cheddar cheese corn.  It's really good that way, and no salt needed either - the parm cheese gives it the little zip of salt that shaking on salt would..  

Lots of butter and salt for me.  No parmesean cheese.  Smells and tastes like vomit to me.  It is one of the few cheeses that I don't like.  Oh, and typewriter style for me too.

I agree. Corn on the cob definitely needs butter and salt. If I needed to stop eating fats for weight loss or health reasons, I would skip corn on the cob altogther. We used Irish butter tonight on the corn. It has a higher fat content and is delish!

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Valued Contributor

The best corn on the cob is New Jersey sweet corn.  It is not summer without it.  I like it with lots of butter and a little salt.  I like it served in my favorite corn cob glass dishes.  I don't like those handles you poke in the ends.  Just pick it up and eat it any way you want.  Oh, I steam it not boil it like some do.  Corn on the cob is the best if your teeth can handle it. 

Honored Contributor

Round and round

Honored Contributor

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

@Bridgegal wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

I agree. Corn on the cob definitely needs butter and salt. If I needed to stop eating fats for weight loss or health reasons, I would skip corn on the cob altogther. We used Irish butter tonight on the corn. It has a higher fat content and is delish!

@Irshgrl31201  Why don't you at least try it once before you agree?

Honored Contributor

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

I probably eat it the type writer method.

We just got a bunch of corn from our CSA and it is the best corn I have ever had. We pretty much have just been eating it Mexican style with chili powder, cojita cheese, cilantro and lime. Oh my it is so good. My husband made a whole bunch tonight on the grill. I had 4 pieces already!

Oh @Irshgrl31201 bless you for saying you had four ears of corn as I wolfed down the three I made the other day . . . once I got started I just couldn't stop, I love grilled corn!  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I go round and round ... just got back from Pensacola Beach, and boy do they ever have the best "sweet corn," as my grandma used to say.  

Honored Contributor

A-Z typewriter style.

Respected Contributor

Re: Corn on the Cob

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee wrote:

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

@Bridgegal wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Irshgrl31201  Why don't you at least try it once before you agree?