Trusted Contributor
If it's just me and my son at home I eat it off the cob....if around others I cut it off the cob.
Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

@Bridgegal wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

This is an old Weight Watchers trick and everyone I've mentioned it to has loveed it.  Rather than putting any butter on (too many calories), sprinkle parmesean cheese on it (or roll it on some if you put some on a plate first). It doesn't take much to make it very flavorful. When I showed this trick to my sister, she said it tasted like cheddar cheese corn.  It's really good that way, and no salt needed either - the parm cheese gives it the little zip of salt that shaking on salt would..  

Lots of butter and salt for me.  No parmesean cheese.  Smells and tastes like vomit to me.  It is one of the few cheeses that I don't like.  Oh, and typewriter style for me too.

I agree. Corn on the cob definitely needs butter and salt. If I needed to stop eating fats for weight loss or health reasons, I would skip corn on the cob altogther. We used Irish butter tonight on the corn. It has a higher fat content and is delish!

@Irshgrl31201  Why don't you at least try it once before you agree?

Hey @Pearlee! I have tried it before without butter. I just do not care for it at all without butter and salt. Butter most definitely makes it. I have also put parm on it. I do like it with the parm if it has butter but definitely not without. No, I wouldn't have commented had I not tried it. I am an adventurous eater and I try anything at least once. 

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Respected Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

This is an old Weight Watchers trick and everyone I've mentioned it to has loveed it.  Rather than putting any butter on (too many calories), sprinkle parmesean cheese on it (or roll it on some if you put some on a plate first). It doesn't take much to make it very flavorful. When I showed this trick to my sister, she said it tasted like cheddar cheese corn.  It's really good that way, and no salt needed either - the parm cheese gives it the little zip of salt that shaking on salt would..  

This sounds so good!Smiley Happy

Thanks!