QVC Customer Care

To Everyone in our Community,

Just a reminder to please be ever mindful when posting pictures or greeting cards from the internet that you very well might be infringing on someone else's copyright. From time to time, we receive complaints regarding this and then we must delete those images. A good rule is if you don't know if there is a copyright on the picture then don't post. Thank you!

Beth QVC

Trusted Contributor

@Beth-QVC Thank you.  I for one was not aware of that. 

Respected Contributor

I am aware of this. I just noticed somehow my personal photo of 'someone' was uploaded here (I've removed) - I'd never upload that photo and am in great concern how it got here. 

(Google always states under everything about the copyrights.) It's a gift to the user when they are allowed here.

ty 

-Do Not Copy Pls-
Honored Contributor

@Beth-QVC, Thanks and that's a good idea.  Now and then, a reminder in case someone may have missed something, a reminder might be a good thing.  May help everyone from all angles.

Honored Contributor

@Beth-QVC  What about the New Yorker article posted in its entirety?  Isn't that a copyright infringement?

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

@Beth-QVC  What about the New Yorker article posted in its entirety?  Isn't that a copyright infringement?

Probably not. Both the publication and author were credited.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Honored Contributor

@reiki604 wrote:

@VaBelle35 wrote:

@reiki604

@VaBelle35

it was removed stating "copyright infringement."

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

@cbrite wrote:

I am aware of this. I just noticed somehow my personal photo of 'someone' was uploaded here (I've removed) - I'd never upload that photo and am in great concern how it got here. 

(Google always states under everything about the copyrights.) It's a gift to the user when they are allowed here.

ty 

If a personal photo was upload on this site and not by you then perhaps your computer could have been hacked.  Persons can gain access to your computer and your passwords. 

Keystroke logging, often referred to as keylogging or keyboard capturing, is the action of recording (logging) the keys struck on a keyboard, typically covertly, so that the person using the keyboard is unaware that their actions are being monitored. Data can then be retrieved by the person operating the logging program. A keylogger can be either software or hardware.

Check your computer.  Not a QVC issue.

@cbrite

Trusted Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@reiki604 wrote:

@VaBelle35 wrote:

@reiki604

@VaBelle35

I don't know if it's a copyright problem but I think it is believed to be poor form to post an entire article from another website even if it is credited. That's taking clicks away from that site and they probably depend on that for ad revenue.

Honored Contributor

@pigletsmom wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

@reiki604 wrote:

@VaBelle35 wrote:

@reiki604

@VaBelle35

I don't know if it's a copyright problem but I think it is believed to be poor form to post an entire article from another website even if it is credited. That's taking clicks away from that site and they probably depend on that for ad revenue.

@pigletsmom

in general, what i will do is copy the first paragraph or a few sentences from the article, state the source, state the title, and then use a live link as long as the site does not have political sidewalls.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein