Honored Contributor

Re: Cop,that arrested 6 yr .olds

LMAO    So many posters just making stuff up as they go along and we KNOW why, dont we?  For the same reasn that the man failed to obey the procedure and opted to terrorize to babies.  And he's already been fired and the police have already said that he failed to follow the proper procedure.  Taking babies into police custody was NOT his call to make. It was abusive harrassment.    

Esteemed Contributor

Thank Goodness my Ignore Feature is functioning properly.

Respected Contributor

Lol. Cant answer the question, huh?
Esteemed Contributor

It all depends on what point of view. If it was my child I would probably be upset. If my child is in this classroom I would probably be glad. If I was the teacher I would be glad. If I am the law enforcement’s family I would be glad. 6 year olds can do bodily harm. Who do we protect most? The innocent people or the one doing harm. This might turn into a blessing in disguise for the child and their family to get desperately needed mental, anger, problem solving help.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

When I took my child along grocery shopping I told him he could have one thing, his choice of anything in the store. What he chose, he got and I never tried to influence his decision. If we saw a misbehaving child, I'd say that child should be ashamed to behave like that embarrassing his mother and himself, I can take you anywhere because you would never behave like that. 

Tantrums are for two year olds not first graders.

Honored Contributor

@bathina wrote:
@carmineso if your youngster threw himself on the floor and acted out at school, you would be okay with him being handcuffed and arrested? Kids that act out violently most often do so because of what adults have done to them. To criminalize a 6 year old (actually 2 six year olds) is a disgrace.

I wasn't there to see what the arrested children did.  If my child acted out and kicked and screamed throwing a tantrum at school, I would expect them to be removed from the classroom if they did not listen to the teacher's commands to stop.

If they were handcuffed, to control the situation, I would be okay with it.  Arresting a child is too severe, unless they make this behavior a habit or hurt someone.

My husband has had to handcuff children and get them out of the school.  When he places them in the police car, everyone of them has started to cry and promises that they will be good and they are sorry, etc.

He calls their parents to pick them up at the station.  Most of the time , the kids have been suspended from school if they are forcefully removed and can't go back until there is a meeting with parents.

I would address the problem with my kids at home and they would not have a repeat incident.  My youngest son had some childhood disabilities and he once beat up a large fourth grader when he was in first grade after months of enduring bullying from this kid, who ripped his clothing, stole his money and spit in him and destroyed his books and papers.

We addressed it so well, that he took a beating from a kid on the bus when he was a 4th grader himself.  He didn't defend himself because he was told to never hit anyone, or else. He had some facial injuries..it was pretty bad.

I did not mean for my son to not defend himself, but he didn't understand.  He just didn't want to get into trouble at home or at schooll

My son got suspended for three days, even though he was attacked from behind and did nothing to invite trouble.  The bus driver as well as the other students who witnessed this came to his defense, but the principal wouldn't budge.  My son got punished for doing nothing.  Life isn't fair and schools aren't perfect. 

Respected Contributor

Wonder what punishment the unruly kids got at home?  Or are they just victims and their parents soon to be wealthy victims?  😉

Esteemed Contributor

@bathina wrote:
@carmineprofessionals are trained in age appropriate restraint methods. I can tell you I wrapped my body around my grandson when he had the occasional meltdown. How did you handle your 6 year old?

@bathinaHow did you handle your own child, the grandson's parent, when s/he had the occasional meltdown?

I haven't read a couple of pages of posts and if it's been asked and answered...sorry.  Here goes...

So the little girl has a grandmother.  I don't suppose mom or dad has been mentioned.  Right?  Any mention of a mother or father...living or dead? 

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

LMAO    So many posters just making stuff up as they go along and we KNOW why, dont we?  For the same reasn that the man failed to obey the procedure and opted to terrorize to babies.  And he's already been fired and the police have already said that he failed to follow the proper procedure.  Taking babies into police custody was NOT his call to make. It was abusive harrassment.    

Please share with us what posters here are making up. You weren't there, you don't know what happened, but you have the nerve to post LMAO--really can't believe what you get away with. You do not work in the school system, you do not work in law enforcement, and you are not a child psychologist, yet you seem to think you know everything and have all of the answers. 

Esteemed Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

@chrystaltree  There are no "babies" by definition in this story.

Keepin' it real.