Honored Contributor

Re: Cop,that arrested 6 yr .olds

@esmerelda wrote:

@dex wrote:

When they are kicking,punching and spitting...what should be done if you can’t touch them?

@dex   I wonder how throwing a bucket of water on them would be viewed. 

It would probably work, but heavens forbid, you would be reading comments of how awful that was on social media. It would probably make violent kids more violent after the initial stun factor.

Esteemed Contributor

I would have appreciated it if the thread said "Police Officer" or "Law Enforcement Officer" but I guess that would be too much to expect around here.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

Absolutely unbelievable, he actually arrested 2 six year olds.  One was having temper tantrum, I don't think they said what the other little one was doing.  Yes, he should be fired and barred from working anywhere near children in the future.  Also, they should look at what was happening in the school with the teachers.  That's where the problem really began.   

The problem began when the teachers were stripped of their ability to even say anything negative to the kids.   

They are not allowed to do or say anything to these kids that isn't positive.  The teachers aren't at fault here.  The system is.  Teachers have their hands tied.

@Carmie I blame the parents first.

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

Absolutely unbelievable, he actually arrested 2 six year olds.  One was having temper tantrum, I don't think they said what the other little one was doing.  Yes, he should be fired and barred from working anywhere near children in the future.  Also, they should look at what was happening in the school with the teachers.  That's where the problem really began.   

I'm guessing the problem really began at home.

Honored Contributor

When parents don't do their job, somebody else will . either when they're young and have had no discipline or when they're older, steal a car, rob a bank, murder, etc.  Then, they will understand discipline, but, it will be to

late.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Carmie wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

The problem began when the teachers were stripped of their ability to even say anything negative to the kids.   

They are not allowed to do or say anything to these kids that isn't positive.  The teachers aren't at fault here.  The system is.  Teachers have their hands tied.

Seems to me that if a child isn't competently parented or, for whatever emotional or psychological reasons, has such completely inadequate controls by the time they reach school age and then, given that teachers have essentially been stripped of any capacity to manage their classroom, that something had to be done... Without any more information than is provided in the initial post, it's hard to say whether this was inappropriate or not. It sounds as though the cop had a dicey history, but taking that out of the equation, if a child is threatening, assaulting others or is abusive, regardless of age, they aren't, to me, sacrosanct...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Makes you wonder if the 10 year old child who stomped on the babies head and killed it ever through any tantrums at a younger age.  This Officer may have helped in many ways that we just cannot know.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

I would have appreciated it if the thread said "Police Officer" or "Law Enforcement Officer" but I guess that would be too much to expect around here.  

That is the answer,criticize!! I sure meant no offence.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

I spent many years as a middle school principal in a major urban area. My kids were tough and sometimes got out of control. I, my assistant principals , para andcseveralmteachers we’re all trained in how to de escalate and restrain kids. 

This did not happen often, but it did happen, the only time the police got involved was when there was a weapon. Most kids...and I am talking big boys were responsive when approached in the right manner.

i read many comments that teachers cannot do anything. F teachers are empowered and backed up by their administration, they should be able to.

and yes, I was sued a few times but it never went anywhere, 

this entire scholl staff staff needs to be restrained.

Honored Contributor

Maybe it will scare some sense into them... as it appears they have no common sense.  They were out of control. PERIOD.