Honored Contributor

Re: Cop,that arrested 6 yr .olds

@Carmie wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

In a press conference Monday, Orlando Police Chief Orlando Rolón said he was "sick to my stomach" after learning about what happened to the children and said the department has taken steps to ensure this doesn't happen again.

Thankfully, this should never happen again. I join Police Chief Orland Rolon in his thoughts about what happened to these two children.

Of course he was going to say this to the press.  To say otherwise would incite a riot.

Well if it would incite a riot maybe there is a very good reason for it. Perhaps, no 6 year old child should be arrested considering the mental health consequences for them down the road.

Esteemed Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

In a press conference Monday, Orlando Police Chief Orlando Rolón said he was "sick to my stomach" after learning about what happened to the children and said the department has taken steps to ensure this doesn't happen again.

Thankfully, this should never happen again. I join Police Chief Orland Rolon in his thoughts about what happened to these two children.

What a load of bull. If that made him sick to his stomach, he should reconsider his career choice. I would hate to see him in the aftermath of a vicious murder. 

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

What about the other children in the classroom? Should they have their lessons interrupted, see their teacher kicked? It's unfair to them who are innocent bystanders. I hope those out of control children are put in an alternate class.

Esteemed Contributor

@bathina wrote:
@esmerelda- same way. How about you?

@bathina  A. I don’t believe you and B. You should know I don’t share personal information. 

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

Of course he was going to say this to the press.  To say otherwise would incite a riot.

Well if it would incite a riot maybe there is a very good reason for it. Perhaps, no 6 year old child should be arrested considering the mental health consequences for them down the road.

If I was a betting women, I would place money that this child is going to be a problem in the future.  Maybe Grandma can sue the Police Department and blame her problems on this incident in a year or two.  

I pray I am wrong.

and you do know that inciting a riot is illegal.  There is never a good reason to riot.  Protest, yes, riots..no.

Respected Contributor

Young children shouldn't be arrested like that. And if the resource officer violated rules and has a history of alleged child abuse, this is the last job he should have. They're doing the right thing investigating him.

And if this is becoming the norm, than perhaps the public school system should take another look at their rules considering what teachers can and can't do when children act out or get violent before it escalates to needing a cop to come and place students under arrest. 

Honored Contributor

Teachers are quitting in part of pay,  they have a tough job, my kids did wrong,i did wrong as a kid, but if i had been in school ,and a officer had handcuffed a 6 yr. old back then the whole town would had been up in arms.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

Between this and that other thread about the kids playing in a neighbor's yard while they weren't home...I'm starting to think some people here are genuinely afraid of kids.

Discussion doesn't stay on the actual action of the child. It gets diverted toward a strange slippery slope theory of what horrible thing the kid could have done next or what they could be scheming to do in the future.

Children deserve the benefit of the doubt as much as adults do.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

@esmerelda wrote:

@bathina wrote:
@esmerelda- same way. How about you?

@bathina  A. I don’t believe you and B. You should know I don’t share personal information. 

A. I don't care

B. You have no children, nor do you have any in your life. It is obvious. 😃

Honored Contributor

@Cumbercookie13 wrote:

Young children shouldn't be arrested like that. And if the resource officer violated rules and has a history of alleged child abuse, this is the last job he should have. They're doing the right thing investigating him.

And if this is becoming the norm, than perhaps the public school system should take another look at their rules considering what teachers can and can't do when children act out or get violent before it escalates to needing a cop to come and place students under arrest. 

Many schools including the one in question have resource officers there during school hours.  They don't call them to come in...they are already there.  They are there because there are problems at the school and teachers and students need to be protected.

I know, it's crazy and hard to wrap your head around such a thing.  Something needs to be done.  No wonder our education in America is not what it should or could be.  This is shameful.