Honored Contributor

Re: Cop,that arrested 6 yr .olds

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@bathina wrote:
 How did you handle your children's tantrums?

@bathina 

In this day and age of Columbine and Sarasota and other schools who is going to take a chance these days when things are happening at schools....

I dont care if this kid was 6...kids this age have been caught with knives and one brought his father's gun to school in our city..........

So maybe whenever a lockdown or there's a child out of control they should call you???....EXPERT CHILD HANDLER....NO CHILD IS EVER A PROBLEM!!!--You need to be on a NATIONAL REGISTRY!!!

@Spurt, but this child wasn't packing and there was no lockdown. The six-year-old apparently kicked someone.

We can at least stay with that rather than seemingly tying it to more serious incidents.

@suzyQ3 

But in kicking someone whether it be a teacher or another student....the parents or guardians of "the kicker" could be sued. And the school would also be sued for failing to provide a safe enviornment......So it is serious....and shouldnt taxpayers money be spent on better things than legal representation for the school......

@Spurt, anyone CAN sue. They definitely have that right. But unless negligience on the part of the school could be proved, I don't think it would a chance.

"A safe environment" can't possibly mean that each child is protected as if in a bubble. Have you been around elementary school kids? If so, you know exactly what I mean.

@suzyQ3 

You must not know any lawyers.......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@bathina wrote:

@bathina 

In this day and age of Columbine and Sarasota and other schools who is going to take a chance these days when things are happening at schools....

I dont care if this kid was 6...kids this age have been caught with knives and one brought his father's gun to school in our city..........

So maybe whenever a lockdown or there's a child out of control they should call you???....EXPERT CHILD HANDLER....NO CHILD IS EVER A PROBLEM!!!--You need to be on a NATIONAL REGISTRY!!!

@Spurt, but this child wasn't packing and there was no lockdown. The six-year-old apparently kicked someone.

We can at least stay with that rather than seemingly tying it to more serious incidents.

@suzyQ3 

But in kicking someone whether it be a teacher or another student....the parents or guardians of "the kicker" could be sued. And the school would also be sued for failing to provide a safe enviornment......So it is serious....and shouldnt taxpayers money be spent on better things than legal representation for the school......

@Spurt, anyone CAN sue. They definitely have that right. But unless negligience on the part of the school could be proved, I don't think it would a chance.

"A safe environment" can't possibly mean that each child is protected as if in a bubble. Have you been around elementary school kids? If so, you know exactly what I mean.

@suzyQ3 

@Spurt, what does that have to do with what I said, which was that anyone can sue but not necessarily win or even see the inside of a courtroom?

BTW, I gave birth to an attorney. :-)

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@bathina wrote:

@bathina 

@suzyQ3 

@suzyQ3 

@Spurt, what does that have to do with what I said, which was that anyone can sue but not necessarily win or even see the inside of a courtroom?

@suzyQ3 

You dont know the lawyers in my city where anything and everything is a reason to sue and they will use any and all tactics to WIN!!! ...you wouldnt believe some of the cases here ....they certainly make our news 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@bathina wrote:

@bathina 

@suzyQ3 

@suzyQ3 

@suzyQ3 

You dont know the lawyers in my city where anything and everything is a reason to sue and they will use any and all tactics to WIN!!! ...you wouldnt believe some of the cases here ....they certainly make our news 

@SpurtI don't know how to be any clearer. The lawyers in your city are not different from others. Of course they will take on clients and then do their best to win.

But that doesn't mean anything in terms of winning. I've seen such cases dismissed with a summary decision. Others go to trial and lose.

There are some things that are part of childhood. Rough and tumble stuff. One child pushes another, grabs someone, or kicks another child.

None of us know at this time the nature of what happened. All we know is that a six-year-old kicked someone. We don't know whom, and we don't know the result.

That's the reason I think some of these dire scenarios about kids and how they are likely to grow up are unwarranted.

I strongly pulled another girl's hair in kindergarten (in my defense, she pulled mine as well). I can vouch only for myself as being a semi-normal adult with violent proclivities. She may be bald now, for all I know.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@bathina wrote:

@bathina 

@suzyQ3 

@suzyQ3 

@suzyQ3 

@SpurtI don't know how to be any clearer. The lawyers in your city are not different from others. Of course they will take on clients and then do their best to win.

But that doesn't mean anything in terms of winning. I've seen such cases dismissed with a summary decision. Others go to trial and lose.

There are some things that are part of childhood. Rough and tumble stuff. One child pushes another, grabs someone, or kicks another child.

None of us know at this time the nature of what happened. All we know is that a six-year-old kicked someone. We don't know whom, and we don't know the result.

That's the reason I think some of these dire scenarios about kids and how they are likely to grow up are unwarranted.

I strongly pulled another girl's hair in kindergarten (in my defense, she pulled mine as well). I can vouch only for myself as being a semi-normal adult with violent proclivities. She may be bald now, for all I know.

@suzyQ3 

You forget the other side....OTHERS GO TO TRIAL AND WIN!!! 

You can't compare kids and schools in the past and what goes on today, nor lawsuits.....Not many people brought nusiance lawsuits, only serious law violations were brought to court.......There were no McDonald lawsuits for too hot coffee, no lawsuits for getting sick at Chipolte, nor suing School Boards, no threats to sue teaches and schools for misconduct..........

And back in the day teachers could actually paddle students or if students acted up they'd get sent to the Principals Office....the worst thing kids did back in the day was chew gum, throw spitwads, and boys would throw Junebugs at the girls...

In the past, there were always a couple of school bullies, now its so rampant that some states have past laws to hold parents responsible if their kids bully another kid!!!

Now kids are being gunned down in our schools....the environment has changed....Parents want their kids to be safe!!! And no one is taking chances these days....why do you think some schools have metal dectors and Resource Officers...Some teachers here bought guns and took lessons...People live in fear and are extra cautious and juries will be sympathetic....TIMES HAVE CHANGED!!!  ITS A DIFFERENT WORLD!!!

No we dont know the full details of this case...but who really knows who would win and who would lose...like StevieB said...people make assumptions to support their side but arent listening to those with opposing views that might have a point too..And may I add, some that actually work in a schoolk environment and experience whats going on in today's world!

Honored Contributor

We're done, @Spurt . And that's fine. There comes a time when we have to realize that we'll never be on the same page here, so repeating and repeating ad nauseam becomes silly and tedious. I'm sure that we can agree at least on that.

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

We're done, @Spurt . And that's fine. There comes a time when we have to realize that we'll never be on the same page here, so repeating and repeating ad nauseam becomes silly and tedious. I'm sure that we can agree at least on that.

@suzyQ3 

Agree to disagree....Woman Very Happy