Trusted Contributor

Re: Cool retro beachy Australian house

They had me at the Snoopy phone!

Honored Contributor

I would like this as my vacation home. It looks easy to keep clean and it is very different than what I would choose for my permanent home.

Honored Contributor

This is way out of my taste zone.  I do not care for any of it and feel it is blah and cold, just my opinion.

Respected Contributor

It's cute and evokes memories, but not a time I'd like to revisit. Ever again. I didn't like it then, or now. I do like the setting and the landscape.

Honored Contributor

I am old.  It gives me hives to look at it!  Woman Embarassed

Respected Contributor

Not for me..nothing in the house appealed....boring and dated!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@spiderw wrote:

This is way out of my taste zone.  I do not care for any of it and feel it is blah and cold, just my opinion.

@spiderw , completely and totally agree.  Just looking at it gives me a headache.  I don't know which is worse, the interior or the exterior.  Of all the photos posted here, this could possibly be the one I dislike the most.

Adding: My apologies to the OP; I thought we were in the Home Forum where we discuss and examine lots of home pictures.  This probably wasn't the place for my comments which were extremely critical for this post in Community Chat.

Esteemed Contributor

I would absolutely love this for a vacation rental.  There's a few things I'd like to change but could still be happy with it.  I really like the exterior of the home too.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Esteemed Contributor

Like it or not it has a nostalgic charm. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love, thank you for sharing.  It looks like fun!   Although that living room furniture is not always comfortable, as I can attest too.  But I like it.   The home looks so Eichler, and Kaiser.  There is a tract of old Eichler homes in Cupertino, Here in CA.  The district has been preserved and has restrictions to protect the look outside of home.   They are so coveted there is a waiting list to buy.  They are the one story, flat roof  for homes with the radiant heating and open walls.    They are small and run at least 2.3 million for the 900 sq ft one, some are larger up to 1400 sq ft.  Many are retro decorated too.  You drive through the area and they are so well taken care of, it would be a joy to live in a neighborhood that is actually tended to.  My neighborhood, not so much. Sigh.