Honored Contributor

Re: Color Sculpting or the Do It Yourself at Home System ?

@this is my nic wrote:

@Porcelain 

Do you think you'd have the same results without exercising?  And, do you think you'd have the same results by exercising, eating a reasonable diet without the Isavera treatments?  

Why does the name Isavera remind me of one of the Star Wars characters?  I can't recall the name, but it would speak in a strange sing song manner, such as " Isavera cold day!" LOL! 

Hmmm. Well exercising (nothing crazy, just exercise bike and a little toning) and eating prudently are my baseline.

I'm losing weight very slowly, and I'm maybe 15-20 pounds from my goal. That's a guestimation based on clothing sizes. I don't weigh myself. I want to get back to my normal clothing size of 4. That size had held steady my whole adult life.

Then perimenopause somehow blessed me with extra fat in the expected areas over the course of about 2 years. So now I have to squeeze into a 6 and I've had to buy a few bottoms in size 8 and even skinny jeans in size 10. I never needed a size Medium before and now sometimes I do. Obviously these are not that bad of problems, and relatively speaking I am blessed to have such low level issues.

Isavera freezes and kills layer after layer of fat cells. So you lose inches of fat just like if you got liposuction. Doing this is helping my morale as I get older. I see extra localized results as I slooooooooowly lose everywhere. It makes me feel more in control.

I know I would not see that level of change in my stomach area without some sort of fat destroying system, because I've been exercising and eating reasonably for a long time. I would have already seen it. And about a month and a half after starting with the stomach freezing, that middle-aged-and-older tummy shelf thing I had has flattened down and isn't a shelf anymore. It's almost flat. Elsewhere the fat has not melted nearly that much. I've started with the thigh system more recently and it's too early for results there yet.

I agree it sounds like Star Wars, or Star Trek. "Captain? We're getting a hale from the Isaverans." Woman Very Happy

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

Re: Cool Sculpting or the Do It Yourself at Home System ?

@Bird mama wrote:

@Desertdi   I'm in Michigan, we get really cold this time of year.  In early November 2018 I fell at the roller skating rink.  Here's the corker, I didn't fall down hard or crash into anything.  It looked like I was slowly taking a knee.  Suffice it to say, that ended my experiment with rollerskating because I jacked my knee up.  I had to put ice packs on it when I got home (well, after I stopped the bleeding Woman Very Happy).  I was on the sofa dying because I was so cold.  I didn't know what was worse, the knee pain or the cold from the ice pack.

I worked with a guy who decided to go to a Cryo Spa.  Here's the description from the website:

"Whole body cryotherapy is the exposure of your skin to temperatures of -238º to -274º  Fahrenheit for a short time (3 minutes or less). At this extreme temperature, your heart pumps more blood into your body, which activates several mechanisms that have significant long-term medical and cosmetic benefits".

You take off most of your clothes; I think he kept his socks and underwear on and stepped into a chamber and let himself being exposed to the temps described above for like 3 minutes.  As he was telling me about it, my jaw dropped.  He said would you ever try it?

I said, naw, it would give me cardiac arrest Woman Very Happy

@Bird mama   I'm originally from Chicago......but I've turned into a real hot house rose(!!)     Can't imagine anybody WANTING to jump in a cryo-tank.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

Thanks @Porcelain .  Happy you are getting positive results and appreciate your through answer which addressed some of my questions.  I'm wondering if you ever felt hesitant about this process as there have been a few horror stories with the sculpting process done professionally.  Did you purchase your products directly from the company?

I'm looking forward to hearing your success with the thigh system.  You are so close to your goal....congratulations!

Honored Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

Thanks @Porcelain .  Happy you are getting positive results and appreciate your through answer which addressed some of my questions.  I'm wondering if you ever felt hesitant about this process as there have been a few horror stories with the sculpting process done professionally.  Did you purchase your products directly from the company?

I'm looking forward to hearing your success with the thigh system.  You are so close to your goal....congratulations!

Thank you! When I first heard about Cool Sculpting I thought it was some scam. Then I saw two of the ladies on Real Housewives of NY getting it done. I'd always thought they must be doing something extra to feel comfortable running around on TV in bikinis at 60, since none of them who are on now seem especially naturally slim.

So I looked into how it worked and it didn't seem terribly unsafe to me because I don't have any serious circulation or skin issues. I did manage to frostbite my upper tummy once. I did it wrong and didn't follow the directions properly, got sloppy. But it healed quickly and there's no damage to the area.

If you're healthy, you just need to make sure you don't put any skin in prolonged direct contact with the ice pack. I wasn't careful enough about that and didn't do the frequent checks recommended in the directions. (I was sitting at my computer with it on and hunched over the belt a bit, and that got the upper tummy skin in contact with the pack.) But again, it healed. If I'm sitting up with it on, I just tuck my shirt into the very top to make sure that can't happen again if I get distracted.

One other thing, it doesn't chill your whole body or make you shiver or anything.

The company sells directly on Amazon. They are very involved and available after you buy.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

Re: Cool Sculpting or the Do It Yourself at Home System ?

IMG_1249.JPGHere is the Star Wars character that I thought of when I read Isavera.  The name is Jar Jar Binks.  I can just hear him saying something like "Isavera fast ship!" 

Super Contributor

This is by far, the most interesting topic on this entire board! I went on Amazon and looked this up. It has tons of 5 star reviews. I will be ordering the first of Jan 2020.