Honored Contributor

Re: Contacting the Better Business Bureau

You need to go either to the FCC or the Board of Public Utilities to report them, whoever it is that governs cable companies.

Going to the BBB isn't going to do anything.

If this cable company is the only game in town, I hate to say it but they probably really don't care about the kind of customer service they're providing or what kind of reviews they get.

Honored Contributor

@threecees

Ive gotten good results when I filed a couple of complaints with the Better Business Bureau......and I received a very quick response from the companies involved 2 called and one even followed up with a letter confirmin their resolution to get the problem resolved.  One was quickly resolved via an email from the company. 

No experience with cable company complaints! 

GOOD LUCK!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

oh my, we had the same thing happen to us 30 yrs ago. The development we moved into was in a small town. I can’t remember what kind of cable the town had but we HAD to purchase cable from the development we lived in. We could not get it from the town.

The cable was run by a garage door company. We rarely had cable if at all. You got 3 channels most of the time, but in reality you got 1 channel. The other channels would fade in and fade out. The antenna (dish) was put in a shed, where no could see the dish antenna. 

We would complain and complain,complain and complain some more and it fell on deaf ears. I swear the garage door company who owned this cable company was someone “uncle” who was trying to rip off the developement people. We were paying good money if I recall it was $60 a month for cable alone. Back then it was a lot of money.

Not sure but was told that someone began complaining to state officials which led to an investigation which led to us being allowed to get cable from the town or dish antenna t.v. Companies.  

Now there are 2 cable companies here in town of 30 thousand people.  FIOS and cable company. Have been with FIOS since 92, we pay top price but it sure beats our 3 channels if that we lived with when we first moved here.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@viva923

Thank you for your sharing.

That sure must have been tough to deal with a bad situation 

and poor service like that. Expensive too.

Honored Contributor

How do you contact the cable company if you're a new customer and want to setup service?  There's no number on the bill?  

I filed a complaint with the BBB twice in the last ten years.  It was a total waste of my time and I ended up more frustrated.

Honored Contributor

@threecees Tell them you want compensation for the days without service.I would try to get the neighbors involved in the complaint too so you can have the power of numbers.

Honored Contributor

I do not the the BBB will do anything, I would contact the FCC don't they monitor things like this

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

Do you have the option of Direct or Dish?  They have smaller packages or as much as you want.  We didn't have good luck with Dish, but have had no problems with Direct.  That's got to be so frustrating.  

Esteemed Contributor

@brandiwine

No, we are not looking to change to direct right now. Possibly in the near future.

I made a call to F.C.C. and an automated recording said it is better to make complaint online, which I did. So far nothing.