Valued Contributor

Contact lenses best price where?

I currently wear progressive lense but would like to switch to contacts. It has been many years since I've worn them. I just want to know who has the best prices. TIA- Magpie

Spoiler
Spoiler
Smiley Happy
Valued Contributor

Re: Contact lenses best price where?

When I was buying my son's contacts, we always comparison shopped online and it differed from year to year who had the best prices. Almost always our eye doctor price matched it though. We had to print out the info online and take it in. But no one place was the cheapest every single year.

There is one that I can't remember that everyone claims is the cheapest and we never once found them to be so. They always were a lot more expensive. If someone names it, I will know it.

Esteemed Contributor

@Qgirl26 wrote:

When I was buying my son's contacts, we always comparison shopped online and it differed from year to year who had the best prices. Almost always our eye doctor price matched it though. We had to print out the info online and take it in. But no one place was the cheapest every single year.

There is one that I can't remember that everyone claims is the cheapest and we never once found them to be so. They always were a lot more expensive. If someone names it, I will know it.

@Qgirl26 Is the place Visionworks? They have low prices on eye exams and you have to take in the ad? Not sure about low price on contacts since I dont wear them anymore.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@threecees, no, there was an online store everyone, including my sister, swore by. But when we did comparison shopping, they were one of the higher priced places every year! We always went in to see our eye doctor and got my son's prescription that way but you can buy contacts online with your prescription. They almost always price matched though so we didn't have to do that too often.

ETA: by "they", I mean the eye doctor. They just needed to see the info off the internet to know it was valid and see if they could match it.

Regular Contributor

I would say Costco by far.

Valued Contributor

Costco.

Honored Contributor

Hubble

Regular Contributor

Definitely Walgreens for me. I've been wearing contacts practically my entire life. You can't beat Walgreens prices and there is always a 25% off coupon online along with Ebates and Retailmenot. I wear one multi focal lens to see up close and one for distance. And, they carry a lot of different brands.

Respected Contributor

I hope I can remember this info. So glad this thread started. I had checked around years ago and they were all same. Now I know differently.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

You just have to look around.  There are many on-line sources for contacts and sometimes one place will offer a coupon, Visa Check-out money back, high percentage off through a rebate site, etc.

The last time I ordered new contacts, Walgreens by far beat them all. They were offering 25% off plus I had another 25% off coupon code and then if you checked out using Visa Check-out, you got another $10.00 cash back. 

As far as Hubble, the last time I checked, they only offer single vision contacts.  No toric lenses, no progressive lenses, etc.  And it's also my understanding that the reason they offer cheap contacts is the materials they use are old school and not the latest technology.  The contacts are also made by a company in Taiwan that was cited by the FDA for having several violations.