Honored Contributor

Re: Consumer Reports magazine on leafy green food dangers

I don’t eat many vegetables without cooking these days.I eat coleslaws or cabbage salads that are homemade but that and peeled sliced cucumber is about it for raw.

Honored Contributor

I thought about this in the middle of the night...........

What about the various people that we see roaming around in dept. stores, and now I'm mentioning also in supermarkets/grocery stores......

Seriously coughing, congested, and touching the various produce.  Fruits and vegetables.  

Something to think about.  

And, now that I'm thinking about it, what about the misting water that drips from the produce shelves onto the produce below.  I won't buy lettuce, brocolli, etc. that is soaked in water.  

I have a favorite supermarket where the shelves aren't always soaked with dripping water onto the produce below.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

Re: Consumer Reports magazine on leafy green food dan

[ Edited ]

@ROMARY 

That misting water spray in supermarket produce areas bothers me, too.  I've actually been looking at produce when those water jets open up and spray me.

Can't help but wonder where that water comes from and what's in it, and what it's spreading around from vegetable to vegetable.

Honored Contributor

novamc:   Yes, and some of those shelves sometimes look 'murky' (slimey), too. 

I'm only guessing that they frequently go around and spray/disinfect them?

We think alike!

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

@ROMARY 

I thought twice about posting this, but decided to add it to food for thought on this thread.

About  that water coming out of public sprayers and dispensers........

Our local health department regularly publishes its findings of health conditions in area restaurants.  So MANY times, the inspectors find that drink dispensers in restaurants, especially the fast-food kind, have mold in their ice and drink dispensers.  

Can't be too much different in the grocery store misting machinery?