Honored Contributor

Re: Consumer Reports Ranks Wegmans #1...

my favorite is THE FRESH MARKET, also rated well.....i love it so much more than wegmans mainly because it is a lot more manageable and i can get in and out of there a lot more quickly.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

We don't have any of the top 3 here. Nothing to write home about with the stores here.
Super Contributor

On 4/4/2015 terrier3 said:
On 4/4/2015 Qwackertoo said:

Since there isn't one within 500 miles of me, doesn't matter IF they're Number 1 or Number 68. Smiley Wink

We don't have Publix in upstate NY.

I just got home from 10 days in FLA - we shopped at Walmart and Publix. I'll take Publix any day - in fact, it reminded me of Wegmans.

We have Publix. It is my "go to" store.

Esteemed Contributor

On 4/4/2015 Qwackertoo said:

Since there isn't one within 500 miles of me, doesn't matter IF they're Number 1 or Number 68. Smiley Wink

Same here! I have no idea where the closest Wegmans is located. Never seen one.
Esteemed Contributor

I've shopped at 5 different Publix stores and they are all different. 4 took over existing buildings, so their layout is very different. I'm constantly roaming around trying to find things like I need a map! One has the best meat department with dishes like chicken cordon bleu ready to go in the oven. The others aren't as good. I think Publix has the best milk in town.
Honored Contributor

Publix is my Number 1!

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Super Contributor

On 4/4/2015 wildcat fan said: I've shopped at 5 different Publix stores and they are all different. 4 took over existing buildings, so their layout is very different. I'm constantly roaming around trying to find things like I need a map! One has the best meat department with dishes like chicken cordon bleu ready to go in the oven. The others aren't as good. I think Publix has the best milk in town.

I've shopped in 4 Publix's in 4 towns and 2 different states. They were all VERY nice.

This past summer . . . our little run-in grocery store nearby, Publix, Costco & Sam's all totally re-did their stores and moved around all the aisles and total re-organization within about two months. I was beginning to think they were trying to drive me crazy or keep me in their stores longer hunting for stuff and in the end buying more stuff while I was there. haha

Trusted Contributor

I'm wild about Publix, but if we move, there won't be one for 50 miles or more. Wal Mart does have its advantages, but their selection is limited compared to the others.
Read it! New England Journal of Medicine—May 21, 2020
Universal Masking in Hospitals in the Covid-19 Era

“We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection.
Trusted Contributor

On 4/4/2015 wildcat fan said: I've shopped at 5 different Publix stores and they are all different. 4 took over existing buildings, so their layout is very different. I'm constantly roaming around trying to find things like I need a map! One has the best meat department with dishes like chicken cordon bleu ready to go in the oven. The others aren't as good. I think Publix has the best milk in town.
We buy their organic milk, and they had another brand of organic half & half at a good price. When you cut out soy, you have to start buying organic. Sigh.
Read it! New England Journal of Medicine—May 21, 2020
Universal Masking in Hospitals in the Covid-19 Era

“We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection.
Respected Contributor

OP...